Naida and Nalin

PhiloppPhilopp Posts: 290
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hello dear all,

I have a question about this product. Is Nalin's morph based on Genesis or on Genesis2Female :O ?

Greetings
P.

Comments

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited December 1969

Genesis 2 Female. :)

• Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
    edited December 1969

Hello dear all,

I have a question about this product. Is Nalin's morph based on Genesis or on Genesis2Female :O ?

Greetings
    P.

Yep FeralFey already mentioned it, but yes it is based on Genesis2, even the male one ;)

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Another question, and sorry in advance if my mind is simple to tired to have seen the answer :) The merfolk add on for them, does it require the mermaid tail from Sickleyield or is the tail coming with the pack?

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Another question, and sorry in advance if my mind is simple to tired to have seen the answer :) The merfolk add on for them, does it require the mermaid tail from Sickleyield or is the tail coming with the pack?

lol.... don't worry, feel free to ask away. The merfolk is just a skin add on and some extra injections like the nails and ears etc for the base character. the tail is separate either from Sickleyield or -esha-, which will be out tomorrow...I believe. This set was very much designed with -esha-'s triton tails in mind, you'll see why tomorrow, or later today when some more images are being posted. I hope I made sense, if not, just ask :)

edited December 1969

You did made sense :) and I can wait until tomorrow to see... I just admittingly not sure how much I can actually buy though, but we will see. I do like Naida and Nalin a lot :)

edited December 1969

Yeah I think you'll love the tails. There are two very different styles, one is very much like a normal mertail, the other one is something else all together. And I am really glad you like those two. I wanted to do a male character again for a while, so I felt this was the perfect time for it. :)

• PhiloppPhilopp Posts: 290
    edited September 2013

FWArt said:

Yep FeralFey already mentioned it, but yes it is based on Genesis2, even the male one ;)

Wow, that's so cool. On a second thought, would there be a Nadin update when the Genesis2Male comes out?

Greetings
    P.

Post edited by Philopp on
    edited December 1969

FWArt said:

Wow, that's so cool. On a second thought, would there be a Nadin update when the Genesis2Male comes out?

Greetings
    P.

Don't know yet, all depends on how doable it is, but there could be. just cant promise anything yet though...

edited September 2013

FWArt said:
    Yeah I think you'll love the tails. There are two very different styles, one is very much like a normal mertail, the other one is something else all together. And I am really glad you like those two. I wanted to do a male character again for a while, so I felt this was the perfect time for it. :)

and we NEED a male too... specially me who don't even has M5.. only D5 *looks properly scolded.. wit ha hint of a playful smile*

edit - now that I think of it... does he come fully.. male so to say? *curious* (not that important, but can't help to wonder *grins*)

Post edited by Carola O on
  • PhiloppPhilopp Posts: 290
    edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    FWArt said:

Greetings
    P.

Don't know yet, all depends on how doable it is, but there could be. just cant promise anything yet though...

That answer is very sensible. I would like to congratulate and say thank you for the creation nevertheless. Love it and will certainly have much fun with them.

Greetings
    P.

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    FWArt said:

and we NEED a male too... specially me who don't even has M5.. only D5 *looks properly scolded.. wit ha hint of a playful smile*

edit - now that I think of it... does he come fully.. male so to say? *curious* (not that important, but can't help to wonder *grins*)

lol....yeah I thought with all those girls out there for the new genesis 2 it was time to do a male part, so I set out to get it to look right, and I think he turned out well, even if I say so myself.... ;)
    as for him being fully male... so to speak, well because he is based on Genesis2Female, unfortunately not, but I did create a custom bulge, so he still looks male at least in clothing. But without a genesis 2 male genital out there yet, I couldn't make him fully male.... maybe in the future I'll be able to add an update for that, fingers crossed :)

edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    FWArt said:

Greetings
    P.

That answer is very sensible. I would like to congratulate and say thank you for the creation nevertheless. Love it and will certainly have much fun with them.

Greetings
    P.

Thanks, and I hope you have loads of fun with them. And will see if I can spot any of your renders along the way. :)

edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    Carola O said:
    FWArt said:

lol....yeah I thought with all those girls out there for the new genesis 2 it was time to do a male part, so I set out to get it to look right, and I think he turned out well, even if I say so myself.... ;)
    as for him being fully male... so to speak, well because he is based on Genesis2Female, unfortunately not, but I did create a custom bulge, so he still looks male at least in clothing. But without a genesis 2 male genital out there yet, I couldn't make him fully male.... maybe in the future I'll be able to add an update for that, fingers crossed :)

I guessed it would be like that, might be hard to turn a female into a full male after all.... He's still awesome looking and will be coming home to me.. but I probably wait with bringing him (and her) home until tomorrow :)

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    FWArt said:
    Carola O said:
    FWArt said:

I guessed it would be like that, might be hard to turn a female into a full male after all.... He's still awesome looking and will be coming home to me.. but I probably wait with bringing him (and her) home until tomorrow :)

Thanks, really glad you like him, and yeah I am sure you'll find many other great things tomorrow you like, so you can take advantage of the 50% off as well, which is great, especially if you go for the Bundle anyway. Looking forward to seeing what you'll create with him, maybe you can post a pic in here :)

edited December 1969

I most certainly will :) (and if my playful mind goes south I will simply direct you to my dA)

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    I most certainly will :) (and if my playful mind goes south I will simply direct you to my dA)

lol... I like you subtle hint, following you now on dA. ;)

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

Just to make sure I understand this correctly, Nalin is a male based upon a G2? Or a V5? Like those V4 morphs from like 4y back (George and John and so on)? Can he wear V5 and Gia's outfits? (I remember that being the problem with the V4 males, them being unable to wear most of V4's clothes so they were rather useless anyway)

edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    Just to make sure I understand this correctly, Nalin is a male based upon a G2? Or a V5? Like those V4 morphs from like 4y back (George and John and so on)? Can he wear V5 and Gia's outfits? (I remember that being the problem with the V4 males, them being unable to wear most of V4's clothes so they were rather useless anyway)

Nalin is based on the Genesis2Female base, I did his face in ZBrush to ensure it looked masculine enough. And the body is part dials part custom morphed again. So it works just like any Genesis2 stuff with the clothing and it should fit the older genesis stuff as well, just like the casual male outfit he's wearing in one of the images. Hope that helped and any other questions just ask :)

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

That's very cool, these two! Very nice to have a male option for G2F, he looks great and love the tattoos.

edited December 1969

That's very cool, these two! Very nice to have a male option for G2F, he looks great and love the tattoos.

Thanks, glad you like him and the tats. :) Well I thought all those ladies out there for Genesis2 it was time for a boy on the scene. And with the autofit working well for the old genesis stuff I just had to do it. If he turns out to be popular I may well do another girl/boy set like this, so any feedback on this would be great.

edited December 1969

I already have two and half scene planned for the poor guy... he's gonna be one exhausted man when all is said and done *smirks*

edited December 1969

lol.... I think he can cope... well I hope anyway. Hope you're having fun with him. I know I had great fun creating him as it was challenging and I love challenges. :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Really like these morphs. I like your skins too. It looks like you've really got a handle on the subsurface scattering. However.

My only gripe is that you don't appear to give us a "no lipstick" option for female skins. Or not one that's shown in the promos, anyway. Since just about any character morph I purchase is as likely as not going to be turned into a kid, not being able to remove the lipstick is inclined to make me balk. Women aren't born wearing lipstick. I know I'm not the only person whose illustrations generally use the figures as kids -- and it's become *much* easier to do it since Genesis launched. So this might be something to keep in mind for the future. Particularly with G2F, since there aren't the full wealth of older/other skins that can be substituted instead. Or at least, not yet.

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Really like these morphs. I like your skins too. It looks like you've really got a handle on the subsurface scattering. However.

My only gripe is that you don't appear to give us a "no lipstick" option for female skins. Or not one that's shown in the promos, anyway. Since just about any character morph I purchase is as likely as not going to be turned into a kid, not being able to remove the lipstick is inclined to make me balk. Women aren't born wearing lipstick. I know I'm not the only person whose illustrations generally use the figures as kids -- and it's become *much* easier to do it since Genesis launched. So this might be something to keep in mind for the future. Particularly with G2F, since there aren't the full wealth of older/other skins that can be substituted instead. Or at least, not yet.

thanks for your comments on the character, glad you like it.

Good point re the lipstick and will add that as one of the things to add for future characters as I already got a remove for the nail polish and the makeup. Now the lipstick, there is a really easy way to take it off, let me know if you're on Poser or DAZ and I can do you a version without lipstick so you can just remove it. I can then post the link for the download here for anyone to use as well.

edited December 1969

I'm a Studio user. The 4.6.0.18 general release version.

And thank you *a lot* for the fix!

• LyoneLyone Posts: 138
    edited September 2013

FWArt said:

Thanks, glad you like him and the tats. :) Well I thought all those ladies out there for Genesis2 it was time for a boy on the scene. And with the autofit working well for the old genesis stuff I just had to do it. If he turns out to be popular I may well do another girl/boy set like this, so any feedback on this would be great.

Thank you so much for making a male texture. When I saw the product I couldn't believe it. I thought: No, it would be so fantastic!!! It can not be!!! But yes it is. I'm not dreaming, I'm seeing in front of me a male texture for G2F/V6. Thank you so much.

Please, could you make other boy set like this one? I will buy them.

Post edited by Lyone on
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:

No problem... and here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwp2g2w2h5o7o3u/FWNaida_NoLipstick.zip

Also added a Poser version for anyone who may like one.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with, and happy rendering.

edited December 1969

Lyone said:
    FWArt said:

Thank you so much for making a male texture. When I saw the product I couldn't believe it. I thought: No, it would be so fantastic!!! It can not be!!! But yes it is. I'm not dreaming, I'm seeing in front of me a male texture for G2F/V6. Thank you so much.

Please, could you make other boy set like this one? I will buy them.

Thanks, glad you like him. :) and sure will do more, it's nice to be able to do a couple like this just loads of fun, so will be working on another one soon. Hope this one for now gives you many great renders.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Really like both characters and also bought the Merfolk add on while I was at it :)

Highly appreciate that all of your characters are very versatile, and fit into many different scenarios and settings. That this is usually what I am looking out for in characters due to story illustrations. Thank you for both of them ... or all four of them if I count the two Merfolk options on top :)

edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    JOdel said:

No problem... and here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwp2g2w2h5o7o3u/FWNaida_NoLipstick.zip

Also added a Poser version for anyone who may like one.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with, and happy rendering.

Got it, and thank you again!