ONCE AGAIN: Cannot add products without FREE product changing price

davesodaveso Posts: 6,466
edited October 2018 in The Commons

too many items for sale from different categories. I have the FREE item in the cart with my admission to FREE item. It shows free. 
In the PA category, are items that are also in the FREE category. If you add an item from the PA, the FREE item reverts to its regular price(or on sale price) ... 

In order to take advantage of the sale items, this then creates the fact you need to buy the FREE item and associated qualifying item, check out, then go back and start a NEW CART with yet another qualifying product to be able to take advantage of the stacked sales in the PA category. 

Post edited by daveso on

Comments

• Do you have a specific example? I'm looking and maybe it has to do with already having a lot of free items, the only item I'm seeing that is a freebie and by a PA that is on sale today is Darona, and that is showing as free with the new man-hippo also in the cart.

Unless you had more than one free item in your cart?

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,466
    edited October 2018

OK ..there is a category ONE free item from DAZ hooro stuff or somthing like that... I chose. Creature cReature
    "

TODAY ONLY

Get a FREE* Featured Horror item
    Plus a large selection of Horror Genre featured catalogs on sale"

then when you go there

Featured Daily Specials - TODAY ONLY!

FEATURED Horror items

choose 1 FREE* with purchase of any Debut New Releases above

So I put 1 DEBUT NEW RELEASE  in my cart. I went and chose 1 FREE item from those in the category ... I chose .. Undead Creature Creator HD Morph Pack for Genesis 3 Male/

It show in the cart as FREE. Also there are other products in that category where you choose the 1 free one. Some of those are also in the PA category where you should get 40 or 50% off...  So I chose a product, from:

Featured Artist Catalogs ¥

Buy any combination of Debut New Releasesor Still New Releases to get:

40% OFF 1 or 50% OFF* 2 or more so i chose Horror People and Wearables DAZ Originals ... 
    Some of those items are aslo in the FREE category slection. I you put any of them in your cart it cancels out the FREE item ... I wanted Mathius Vampire for Genesis 3 Male(s) ... Any of them that are listed in both categories cancels the FREE item. 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • If I'm following... the issue is that you put two free items in the cart? I think that's pretty standard for how the shopping cart works, if you have a limited number of free items in a promo, if you put more than one in the cart they both lose the "free" status since it won't pick and choose which one it thinks should be free.

Or are you saying you wanted one item free, and the other at 50% off instead of 40%? In that case you may need to open a ticket, since the rules are overlapping there.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    edited October 2018

If I'm following... the issue is that you put two free items in the cart? I think that's pretty standard for how the shopping cart works, if you have a limited number of free items in a promo, if you put more than one in the cart they both lose the "free" status since it won't pick and choose which one it thinks should be free.

Or are you saying you wanted one item free, and the other at 50% off instead of 40%? In that case you may need to open a ticket, since the rules are overlapping there.

As far as I understand the problem, there are items that at the same time are given as free - when in the cart with a new PA/still new PA item - and in the "featured artists" category, that go from 40% to 50% when in the cart with a new PA/still new PA/or whatever else fulfills the conditions item. And it seem then the 40 to 50% "deal" overrides the "free" deal, when you add one of these to the cart containing already a free item, if they are also in the "free" department.

Fun fact: the condition for the featured artists seems also to be fulfilled if you put two featured artists items in the cart... no need for new PA/still new PA. So make a cart with the new/still new PA and the free item, then a new one with the featured artist(s) items you want...

Post edited by maikdecker on
  • But if Mathius is an example, Mathius plus one debut item is free. It's adding a second free item that cancels the free deal on both. That they are also in the other category isn't interfering on it's own, but it means you can't take advantage of both deals (one free item, and items in the discounted category being cheaper when buying more than one item) at the same time because two free items cancels the free deal. Right?

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I just picked up the candles and the art Deco lobby, along with the Creature morphs for G3M and G3F.

I did have to make two purchases... however, the Debut item was marked down as if I had an additional (Debut, Still new, featured) item in the cart with the creature morphs, so the price wound up being about the same.  (I bought a couple of other things with the Deco Lobby, so I can't be sure.)

If I'm following... the issue is that you put two free items in the cart? I think that's pretty standard for how the shopping cart works, if you have a limited number of free items in a promo, if you put more than one in the cart they both lose the "free" status since it won't pick and choose which one it thinks should be free.

right ..overlapping. there are products in the feastured PA category that are also in the products you choose from for the free product ... they conflict with one another. No problem, I guess, the way sales have been going lately

edited October 2018

But if Mathius is an example, Mathius plus one debut item is free. It's adding a second free item that cancels the free deal on both. That they are also in the other category isn't interfering on it's own, but it means you can't take advantage of both deals (one free item, and items in the discounted category being cheaper when buying more than one item) at the same time because two free items cancels the free deal. Right?

yes. you have to basically do two different tranactions ... 

Post edited by daveso on
  • daveso said:

But if Mathius is an example, Mathius plus one debut item is free. It's adding a second free item that cancels the free deal on both. That they are also in the other category isn't interfering on it's own, but it means you can't take advantage of both deals (one free item, and items in the discounted category being cheaper when buying more than one item) at the same time because two free items cancels the free deal. Right?

yes. you have to basically do two different tranactions ...

I'm afraid so, yes - Daz did look into the situation but it's hitting a Magento limitation.