Thinking caps on - way to gift or barter products in library?

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081

wish there was some way for me to credibly remove all my access to a prior purchase.  One problem is assuring I haven’t kept another copy.  But suppose assurance could be given with some sort of tech search and report. If so, it might (might!) be possible to gift a product, or barter a product, with another Daz user, if the user licenses were amended accordingly.

Thoughts?  

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    Diomede said:

wish there was some way for me to credibly remove all my access to a prior purchase.  One problem is assuring I haven’t kept another copy.  But suppose assurance could be given with some sort of tech search and report. If so, it might (might!) be possible to gift a product, or barter a product, with another Daz user, if the user licenses were amended accordingly.

Thoughts?  

My understanding is that the licence supplied for all DAZ products is non transferable in all cases. So regardless of the technical solutions this idea is a non runner.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2018

exactly

Post edited by Chohole on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409
    edited October 2018

But can they be inherited? By law it's fully possible and normal to inherit non-material things like rights and licenses too ...

Post edited by cherpenbeck on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081

Havos and Chohole - the idea states explicitly that the license would have to be amended accordingly, so unless the license is written in stone and received from heaven, it is not the obstacle to the idea for products subsequently purchased (under a new license)  

What other obstacles and potential solutions are there?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822
    Diomede said:

Havos and Chohole - the idea states explicitly that the license would have to be amended accordingly, so unless the license is written in stone and received from heaven, it is not the obstacle to the idea for products subsequently purchased (under a new license)  

What other obstacles and potential solutions are there?

DAZ missing out on munny cheeky

• The Encrypted Connect content might have offered a way to do that, but sadly people didn't seem enthusiastic. I can't iamgien how any alternative would be more acceptable to users. And I can imagien ways that any scheme could be abused, so all in all it seems unlikely there's an opening here.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081

Apologies to @Havos and @Chohole for the tone of my reply above.  Wrote it on my phone on the bus.  Looking a it again, it reads much more snarky than I intended.

I think Richard is probably correct.  One approach would be similar to Daz Connect, or maybe to require everything in the cloud. I wouldn't like either approach in practice.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

An easy approach that exists already... send people gift cards. Bam!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I wish we could gift items to people though, I’d rather do that then send gift cards. The gift card thing is not that great.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822

I wish we could gift items to people though, I’d rather do that then send gift cards. The gift card thing is not that great.

this yes

I gifted people stuff from Renderosity that allows it, a certificate is subject to what they can get at the time whereas I can grab something on sale for them and it's theirs esp if they have a wishlist I can peruse 

its like a wedding registry