First-Week-In-September (Unofficial) Freebie Mini-Challenge

2»

Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Four hours left - and I have to shut down my computer for a while. See you in the morning...

I think the total income ofthis week for Lord Ganthor is going to be around, ekhem, $115 or so? :P Good luck, lads.

Good luck to all four of you! We'll be right back with the winner after this commercial message...

BUY SOMETHING FROM THE DAZ3D PREMIER ARTIST FESTIVAL, AND HELP KEEP THE FREEBIE CHALLENGE ALIVE!

PS Rob, you little cheater, why didn't you mention you want non-Genesis, non-Generation 4 entries? So mean of you! :P

But I did, in the very first post...
    Super Bonus Round: If your render uses only free characters and items - no "no count" items at all, including V4, M4, and Genesis - and you win, I'll add $5 to the GC. (Yes, I now expect to see a lot of renders with Apollo, Kururu, and Dawn...)

edited September 2013

And we're back!

Thank you to everyone who played - they were all good renders, capturing the spirit of the challenge. But only one person can Win Rob Kelk's Money ...

And that person is ...

DORSEYLAND!

Congratulations, Dorsey! You put a lot of work into creating a game-show set from scratch, and that's what tipped it for me. Your GC should be winging its way to you even as I type this in.

See you all in the Official September Freebie Challenge... and remember to keep rendering!

Post edited by robkelk on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    BUY SOMETHING FROM THE DAZ3D PREMIER ARTIST FESTIVAL, AND HELP KEEP THE FREEBIE CHALLENGE ALIVE!

Isn't it cryptoadvertisment of some sort?

robkelk said:
    PS Rob, you little cheater, why didn't you mention you want non-Genesis, non-Generation 4 entries? So mean of you! :P

Super Bonus Round: If your render uses only free characters and items - no "no count" items at all, including V4, M4, and Genesis - and you win, I'll add $5 to the GC. (Yes, I now expect to see a lot of renders with Apollo, Kururu, and Dawn...)

Yes, you did, but you edited your first post and it would be nice of you the next time you do so to post a notification. Subscribers will get a message and the contest would be more interesting.

PS By the way, is there a way to suggest new themes for freebie challenges and minicontests?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,329
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Dorseyland

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

robkelk said:

Yes, you did, but you edited your first post and it would be nice of you the next time you do so to post a notification. Subscribers will get a message and the contest would be more interesting.
    That's something to remember for next time - point out any changes. Sorry about that.

PS By the way, is there a way to suggest new themes for freebie challenges and minicontests?
    Usually, the monthly host chooses the monthly theme, so the best way to see a particular theme used is to host. That's what I did back in May...

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, Rob -- a very pleasant surprise in a fun and all-too-short contest!

edited December 1969

Rob, I sent you a PM -- maybe the same PM four times. The quadruplication is because, on hitting "submit", I kept getting bounced to my account page, so I'd go back again and submit again (something like tax time). Finally I got a message saying, "You've sent the same message more than once." It's true. I did.

I trust DAZ in its generosity is treating everyone to the same sort of fun.

edited December 1969

Almost forgot.

CalieVee, thank you!

Dorseyland, where did you get the hairstyles for the kids from?

That's the hair that's stuck on the wizards. They're all one piece, so you can only make stuff invisible in the Surfaces tab, which is great for the wands but not for the hair.

edited December 1969

Rob, I sent you a PM -- maybe the same PM four times. The quadruplication is because, on hitting "submit", I kept getting bounced to my account page, so I'd go back again and submit again (something like tax time). Finally I got a message saying, "You've sent the same message more than once." It's true. I did.

I only got one, and I've sent you a reply...
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

Oh yes, you can bet your bottom dollar on that. Have to share a good thing around, even the Forum Team get it on occasions. :roll:

Post edited by Chohole on