WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Carrara Challenge 3: PARADISE LOST AND FOUND.

13»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223
    edited December 1969

oops I only just realized I put #10 instead of #9 by mine!
    (mine was just an entry to pad out the numbers btw, not serious, was not even going to do a proper one)
    congrats to the winners and great entries by all!
    I loved it! Creative, imaginative and well rendered! :)
    Oh, and the topic... bravo Wendy!

Congrats to all contestants!

• AntaraAntara Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Official announcement has been posted in the first post :) We have all winners. Congratulations! And a great thank you to our wonderful sponsor, Age of Armour!

I feel bad, because I only had to count the votes, and it was up to him to make the tough decisions...

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

Great Stuff Gareth!!!

well deserved Honourary Mention!!
    It's a wonderful work you made, building it all from the ground up is so impressive - all those organics! You have quite a talent.

cheers :)

• GarethGareth Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Great! :) Thanks head wax, and thank you Age of Armour for choosing my entry and for sponsoring this challenge. :)

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Antara said:
    Official announcement has been posted in the first post :) We have all winners. Congratulations! And a great thank you to our wonderful sponsor, Age of Armour!

I feel bad, because I only had to count the votes, and it was up to him to make the tough decisions...

No need to feel bad, Antara! You did a wonderful job hosting this contest!

And congratulations to everyone who posted a render.

FD

• Age of ArmourAge of Armour Posts: 437
    edited December 1969

Congratulations everyone!

Deciding on a winner for the honorable mention wasn't easy. Every entry had so many merits. I loved the composition of some, the interpretation of the theme on others. There were some very impressive and creative techniques with things like volumes and NPR shaders and rendering.

After a lot of consideration I decided on Valley of Dreams for the clean appearance and its fun, unique and well executed style. I was also impressed with the extent of which Carrara was used by Gareth to create all of the scene's content.

There is something about the path of the road, which I can't quite put my finger on, but I really liked it. I kept wondering what might be farther down the way. Maybe Gareth or one of the resident composition experts can enlighten me as to why the road is so fascinating to me.

Although realism is a difficult and admirable goal, the CGI wold sometimes seems to only to focus on it. it was very refreshing to see so many stylistic approaches which were so well executed.

I want to add how nice it was to see the companion WIP thread where we can watch the interesting concepts and techniques evolve. I was happy to see the strong community involvement. That kind of idea sharing and encouragement is what drew me to Carrara in the first place.

Thank you all for inviting me to be a part of the challenge.

William

edited December 1969

Greetings Age of Armour!

Well I didn't envy your job! As you say, each entry had so many merits. Very difficult to pick!

It's very wonderful of you to sponsor our challenge :) Especially with all your new products coming out at the same time I know you have been very time poor.

So thank you again. Carrara is blessed to have people like yourself and DimensionTheory and Dartanbeck and PhilW on board!

There's never been a better time to be a Carrara user!

cheers from here :)

• GarethGareth Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There is something about the path of the road, which I can't quite put my finger on, but I really liked it. I kept wondering what might be farther down the way. Maybe Gareth or one of the resident composition experts can enlighten me as to why the road is so fascinating to me.

I wanted the road to be the centre point for everything in the scene and for every object to point and follow it, i think that's why the road is so eye-catching. :)

Thanks again Age of Armour. :)

edited December 1969

I wanted the road to be the centre point for everything in the scene and for every object to point and follow it, i think that's why the road is so eye-catching. :)

Thanks again Age of Armour. :)

Thank you, AoA (William) for sponsoring our last contest. It was incredibly gracious of you!

And special congrats to Gareth for the Honorable Mention award! Awesome job and I'm glad this image got recognition!

FD

edited December 1969

Hello FD, Antara, and Gareth - just a heads up that your store credits should be in your accounts.
    In your dashboard see top right More>store credits.
    I sent Pms the other day but they don't appear to have gone through?

Apologies for the delay!

Many thanks to Daz and AoA again.

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Hello FD, Antara, and Gareth - just a heads up that your store credits should be in your accounts.
    In your dashboard see top right More>store credits.
    I sent Pms the other day but they don't appear to have gone through?

Apologies for the delay!

Many thanks to Daz and AoA again.

HeadWax, many thanks for your continued efforts and support with these challenges! You're a great person to help spearhead these events.

Many thanks to DAZ and Age of Armour for their support and contributions as well!

edited December 1969

Thanks FD, you are doing a grande job of this one. The quality of the work is the best yet I think.