Bryce Pro Content Install Problem and Serial Number

jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I just purchased Bryce and have successfully installed Bryce, Bryce Content, and Bryce Lights, but Bryce Content Pro attempts to install but fails. It fails at the point asking me to uninstall the previous versions content.

In addition I went started up the program just to see what it looks like and its telling me its unregistered and requires a number. This information has not been provided to me in the post purchase documentation or reciept emailed to me.

I appreciate any help from experienced users to overcome these "unessecary" challenges.

Screen shot below show error during install. Thanks

BryceInstallError.JPG
687 x 635 - 83K

Comments

• edited December 1969

I had the same problem yesterday. Just select "no" when the installer asks whether you'd like to uninstall the previous version of the Pro Content. That should fix it!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

You find the serial number in your account, on top there is a link "My Serial Numbers".

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

BTW Bryce Lightning is not the lighting content. It is a an add-on and only there of you wish to set up a render farm over several PCs

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    edited December 1969

Thank you everyone for your responses :-)
    I figured out the serial number issue just moments after posting and seeing the link on my account... one of those homer simpson moments Doh!

I selected "No" and it did install.

Thank you so much. Its a wonderful community Daz has with awesome people.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

Well as someone remarked in another thread, all the knowledge is in the submit post button. As soon as you hit that button you suddenly realise how to do it. :coolsmile:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well as someone remarked in another thread, all the knowledge is in the submit post button. As soon as you hit that button you suddenly realise how to do it. :coolsmile:

Sounds familiar.