Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female

AngelAngel Posts: 1,200
edited October 2018 in Product Suggestions

I'm conflicted about this. Why is this needed? Also, why is Genesis 3 skipped

https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-clothing-converter-from-genesis-2-female-to-genesis-8-female

Post edited by Angel on

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,712

If you look at the vendors' items, you can see that both the G3F and G38 to G8 converters have been out for a few months now already...

• AngelAngel Posts: 1,200

K but why is it needed? I'm still not seeing to point of it.

edited October 2018
    Nath said:

If you look at the vendors' items, you can see that both the G3F and G38 to G8 converters have been out for a few months now already...

You mean these? https://www.daz3d.com/clothing-converter-from-genesis-3-male-to-genesis-8-male

Yeah, everything lands on Genesis 8... Thats my point. It would seem like every product launched these days only lands on Genesis 8... It wouldnt be an issue if Genesis 8 was the clear superior, but they are debatable at best. G8 is hardly a technological revolution. G8's existence is unnecessary. It just feels like an excuse to make us start over again.

Post edited by Angel on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,712
    Nath said:

You mean these? https://www.daz3d.com/clothing-converter-from-genesis-3-male-to-genesis-8-male

Yeah, everything lands on Genesis 8... Thats my point. It would seem like every product launched these days only lands on Genesis 8... It wouldnt be an issue if Genesis 8 was the clear superior, but they are debatable at best.

I still use G2 a lot and even V3 and V4 sometimes, so no need to convince me of the older generations still having their uses.

As to why this product, it's supposed to give better conversion results than autofit. I'm willing to give it a try, but ymmv.

edited October 2018

I just hope for a Genesis 3 conversion. I have well over a thousand dollars invested in genesis 3... It's not like shes a 15 year old blast from the past model. Shes not exactly Vic3 but thats the way shes treated by Vendors of late. I use G8 for specialized characters. For lladies and gentlemen, Genesis 3 is all you really need.

Post edited by Angel on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

For lladies and gentlemen, Genesis 3 is all you really need.

Not particularlly true. There are improvements, especially to corrective morphs that I as a PA don't have to create because of mesh issues in certain poses. Genesis 8 also has some muscle flexes that genesis 3 doesn't have.  With some of the new figures like The Brute and Edie, genesis 8 has a lot more variation to the gene pool.. but if you're only rendering or making only one thing, your mileage may vary.

As to your query why there's no genesis 3 version: Although you as a customer is happy with genesis 3, it becomes a law of diminishing returns as a vendor to stay on a older version as people move to newer versions and new people come into the market and choose not to buy older items. You have a store at rendo and I bought one of your products even though it was genesis 3 and converted it to use genesis 8, including fixing an error I found (I need to send you the fix so you can update your product in the store). If I didn't know how to convert your product over, I would not have bought it; those are the lost sales you need to consider selling an older generation. But know, you could make more sales as a vendor if you went to the newer version, because ultimately customers don't want to buy older generations as time goes on, so you should start making your transition to genesis 8 as well. Don't be caught flat footed if a new version of genesis is released and suddenly your whole store is two versions behind everyone else's.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

well I for one am glad Sickleyield exists heart

she might even do one for Genesis 3 if enough are interested 

like you I am annoyed at the constant stream of shortlived new figures since V4 and anything that converts, adds compatibility, transfers my vast library of existing content between them is warmly welcomed.

will miss Draagonstorm and Dimension 3D who also worked to make stuff backwards and forwards compatible broken heart

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

For someone who loves Sakura 8 (which is a stylized character that is not going back to port back to G2F), this helps expand her wardrobe.  yes  I often use Sakura8 head on G2F for this purpose, but it makes for a more memory intensive scene, having both characters, and not easily exportable to other formats...

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

Well I have quite a bit of money invested in Genesis 2 stuff, so... if this works well (although... it feels like a weird flashback that having clothing converters again... I never could get Wardrobe Wizard to work worth a damn) I'll be happy that I can use that wardrobe on... Victoria 8 because I think she's the only Genesis 8 "babe" I own (until Genesis 9 and I get all the old babes for free).

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

I just hope for a Genesis 3 conversion. I have well over a thousand dollars invested in genesis 3... It's not like shes a 15 year old blast from the past model. Shes not exactly Vic3 but thats the way shes treated by Vendors of late. I use G8 for specialized characters. For lladies and gentlemen, Genesis 3 is all you really need.

And you are welcome to 'your" opinion, but please don't think you speak for everyone since you have no idea what everyone needs, least of all me.

not sure what you mean by a genesis 3 conversion, but sickleyield alrady has a product that lets you use G8 clothing on G3.

I love Sickley. Dont get me wrong. Shes one of my favorites. I see I stand alone in my thoughts. Just ignore what I said...

~Crawls back into cubby hole. blush

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,000
    I asked in their thread and it seems that a G8 to G3 conversion is in the works. I am avidly waiting for that one. :)
    edited October 2018

I was hoping for a more clean V4 Clone. The crotch area of Wear them All for Genesis 3 has a nasty habbit of exploding and distorting. I was trying to put some shorts on my actor and the crotch area completely destroyed beyond recognition uppon posing.

Post edited by Angel on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited October 2018

K but why is it needed? I'm still not seeing to point of it.

From old generation to G8:

• Better conversion than autofit, less deform
    • Help with heels rigging that autofit don't trigger automatically.
    • Batch process!, no more autofit window for display and select from lists of options. No more annoying lost of time, again and again searching for the right clone in a long list each time that you want use certain cloth. You save thousand of clicks, time and neurons use.
    • Some clothes are make in a specific generation and it is not repeated in the next. You want move all your work to G8 and mix old nice clothes with the new one.

From G8 to old generation: some people prefers old generation and don't move to the next, but they want the new nice clothes of G8 that only exists in the 8th generation.

Reasons to maintain an old generation:

• Currently is not easy convert morph to G8, so custom characters need a lot of work to be translate to G8. HD morphs cant be converted as HD morph to other generation.
    • The old mesh is preferred because some technical details (animation possibilities, resolution, rigging, better topology depending in the buyer taste and skills).
    • A lot of money was inverted in the old generation and all the tools for this generation are owned, so you prefer maintain all your work in the old generation.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • But does it work for shoes?

/

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,682

That is a 'Yes and No' answer. Some shoes have no problem. Others never convert well, and you are better off using auto-fit or finding an equivalent in the generation's wardrobe you are working with. I can only think it has something to do with how the shoes were made or something? I am not a modeler or anything, just a user. Flats work best. Some of the high heels worked very well, while others were a nightmare. And it didn't matter what the source generation shoe came from. I try, it works, I score! I try, it doesn't, I know I have to autofit or find a pair for G8F/M. But I am still ahead.