How to add the genesis pack into Daz Studio 4.6

edited December 1969 in New Users

After downloadings the packs, i cant get the basic human model into daz without becoming a square blob.

When i drag the .duf file in, i get this -

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/FBMBasicFemale.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf

It says i dont have these. Now, i downloaded all the packs that came with the free package, and it still doesnt work.

Im not sure what to do.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,045
    edited December 1969

Are you sure the folder that contains the data folder in the error message is selected as a DAZ Studio content directory - if you open the Content Library pane it should be listed Under DAZ Studio formats, and should contain a People\Genesis folder with the file you are dragging in (you won't see the data folder listed, it's hidden as it contains files that are vital and shouldn't be altered).

• edited December 1969

I dont seem to have the folder titled Daz Studio Formats. Is there anyway i can fix this?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410
    edited December 1969

Right click on the content library tab, select Content Directory Manager. Click the "+" next to DAZ Studio Format and the same on the Poser format and post a screenshot of that for us

• edited December 1969

Mind dumbing it down? Sorry, im not really sure on how to do that :/

edited December 1969

How to do what?

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited August 2013

what you need to do is within DS change your interface view from bounding box to Texture shaded

here are some images to help

DS-1.jpg
    658 x 533 - 85K
    Post edited by NeilV_1 on
  • NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

then you need to

DS-3.jpg
    658 x 533 - 83K
    DS-2.jpg
    658 x 533 - 85K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In DS, from the top menubar go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library. There's a wide button at the bottom labeled "Content Directory Manager". Click that, and in the window that opens it will say "DAZ Studio Formats", "Poser Formats", and "Other Formats". Expand the DAZ Studio and Poser formats and post a screenshot.

• edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:
    then you need to

Seems its already set to that :/

• edited August 2013

Thanks for dumbing it down :P

Here is the image

Post edited by magicrailroadreloaded on
    edited December 1969

How did you install Genesis Starter Essentials (DAZ3D Install Manager, manually extracting zip)?

• edited December 1969

Manual i believe

edited December 1969

Odds are you have a folder named "Content" inside the "My Library" folder -- you need to move the items out of that folder and up one level. If you're on Windows the folders will merge; on a Mac you need to be careful not to replace instead of merge.

• edited December 1969

All ive got in the Daz 3D bit is Data, Scripts and Scenes

edited December 1969

Your my library should look like this. If not you may be installing into a separate location

MyLibrary.JPG
    961 x 944 - 99K
  • edited December 1969

I dont even know anymore

• JewelEJewelE Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Hi was just reading this thread as I seem to be having the same problem... I used the Daz3d installer to download and auto install the programs and plugins...
    Have attached a screen shot of the Content Library in Preferences ... as requested from the other person asking in this thread...

Library_Daz.JPG
    895 x 718 - 79K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

This is a DAZ Studio Content set up using DIM at default (not touching a thing except Download and Install) these are the Proper Paths to get it to work in DAZ Studio Pref> Content Directory Manager.

Paths.png
    444 x 365 - 51K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Never place content in the Program Files folders or the ProgramData folder, these are special OS restricted folders.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    This is a DAZ Studio Content set up using DIM at default (not touching a thing except Download and Install) these are the Proper Paths to get it to work in DAZ Studio Pref> Content Directory Manager.

Thank you - all sorted and working correctly now :)

edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    Never place content in the Program Files folders or the ProgramData folder, these are special OS restricted folders.

I didn't place them there... Daz 3D install manager did... but thanks for your input

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited September 2013

No it didn't, its default install location is as in Jaderail's post. DIM doesn't have a mind of its own, despite what others on this forum have said, its does what the user tells it to do. Not trying to be confrontational, just stating the facts about a much maligned utility.

Post edited by jestmart on
  • edited December 1969

Hey. Im stilling having the same problem. Might i add that i installed this manully. Might this have effected it?

edited December 1969

Hey. Im stilling having the same problem. Might i add that i installed this manully. Might this have effected it?

Do you have a folder named "Content" inside "My Library" (assuming your content folder is called My Library)?

• edited December 1969

Do you have a folder named "Content" inside "My Library" (assuming your content folder is called My Library)?

No. That doesnt seem to be there :/

edited December 1969

What's the exact path you installed it to, and is that path listed in Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager as both DS-format and Poser-format?

• edited December 1969

What's the exact path you installed it to, and is that path listed in Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager as both DS-format and Poser-format?

What do you mean by how did i install? I just downloaded the files in a .zip file.

I tried putting the person in, and it once again came up with this - /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/FBMBasicMale.dsf

edited December 1969

What do you mean by how did i install? I just downloaded the files in a .zip file.

I tried putting the person in, and it once again came up with this - /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/FBMBasicMale.dsf

What is the exact name of the zip file, and how did you install it?

• edited December 1969

What is the exact name of the zip file, and how did you install it?

I didnt install it. I downloaded all the genesis packs manually. Should i download them from the Download and Install option?

edited December 1969

You need to install it