I have Carrara 8.1, but I don't have a serial number.

KnightStalker000KnightStalker000 Posts: 58
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I've got Carrara 8.1, and I've had it for a while, because I have been using the 8.5 beta, but I'm now setting up 8.1 on a new computer, only I need a serial code for it. I did not buy it through the store here, I purchased it through a different vendor. How do I go about getting a valid serial code for it.

I need to get the program working again, since the current 8.5 beta is about to expire. Thanks for any help I can get.

Comments

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Your best bet is to contact the vendor you bought it from. They should be able to look up your purchase and help you.

• KnightStalker000KnightStalker000 Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

I no longer have that information. I had the invoice stored in digital format on the last laptop that I had, which got stolen from me back in November. I lost all the personal information that was on that laptop, plus a ton of work that I had been working on for a private project of mine. I'm pretty much having to start it all over again from scratch.

At this point, I'm probably gonna have to buy version 8.5 of the program once I can save up the money for it. I didn't really want to have to buy what I already had with 8.1, but I suppose that's my only option.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited August 2013

I no longer have that information. I had the invoice stored in digital format on the last laptop that I had, which got stolen from me back in November. I lost all the personal information that was on that laptop, plus a ton of work that I had been working on for a private project of mine. I'm pretty much having to start it all over again from scratch.

At this point, I'm probably gonna have to buy version 8.5 of the program once I can save up the money for it. I didn't really want to have to buy what I already had with 8.1, but I suppose that's my only option.

If you happened to install 8.1 when you did get it and registered it here with DAZ, your serial number will be in your account.

If you never installed it, and you can't even remember where you bought it, there's probably not much that can be done; your best bet is to contact the sales department directly (via phone or email) and explain your situation and see if they can help you out.

-- Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I agree the best thing to do is to contact DAZ 3D, but do it via a support ticket, using the Contact us button from help on the top line, and use Sales as the relevant dept.

• KnightStalker000KnightStalker000 Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

I just tried to submit a ticket, but the Submit button isn't working.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

If i have no option but to use a web form, then I use that. I never use e-mail as it's too easy to get junked. My preferred method is by phone if possible. If you're having issues with the web service for customer support, and you're in the US, try the phone during business hours. I think DAZ is mountain time for the time zone.

The last time I looked (which has been a couple years) they did have their phone number somewhere on their contact page.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

Did you use Help / Contact Us / Submit a help Request / and fill in the form ? Make sure that you are logged in when you do this, as the support section is on the secure side of the server.. If you are not fully logged in then you should get a log in screen come up. The Forum and Store logins are separate log ins

Post edited by Chohole on
  • edited December 1969

Did you try a different browser to submit a service/support ticket? What browser are you using? I just ask, because I am web developer professionally, and not that Daz3D has a faulty web form, but the inability to submit a ticket could be related to incompatibilities with your browser configuration and additional add-ons, plug-ins and/or extensions also installed.