Instruction manual?

I noticed the option to purchase tutorials from the store. Is there a manual provided buy Daz explaining what all the dials do? For example Aperture Blades, (I tried it set at 0 and 1000, no difference, what does it do?) Lens distortion K1,K2 & K3?. The linked tutorial videos that I've looked at point to out dated videos. 

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

It seems to me that the Daz Studio documentation always lags way behind, and lots of features never get any documentation. I don't know how the Aperture Blades setting works, but I think it has to do with the shape of out of focus elements when the camera DOF is on. I once saw a forum post from a user about that, but I can't find it again now. 

There is a QuickStart Guide PDF link and User Guide PDF link on this page. I think they are also out of date, but still might help you get started. There are free video tutorials on the Daz YouTube channel. Finding answers to specific questions, like your Aperture Blades question, is tough. Sometime posting here in the forum is your best bet. Maybe another user knows the answer. Or you could submit a help request to Daz, and see if customer service can help.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited October 2018

Try this: https://www.deviantart.com/chachah/art/DAZ-Studio-iray-Playing-with-DOF-and-Bokehs-687458003

Added Iray 2016.2 lens and aperture settings; added a “Lens” property group to cameras when Iray is the active renderer; properties include Lens Radial Bias, Lens Shift X (mm), Lens Shift Y (mm), Lens Stereo Offset (mm), Lens Distortion Type (spherical, cylindrical, stereo, etc), Lens Distortion K1/2/3, Lens Distortion Scale, Aperture Blades, Aperture Blade Rotation

Google Search is your friend.

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Kevin, thanks! That is the one I was thinking of. I thought it was here in the forums, but I guess it was DA instead. 

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

There are also several good YouTube channels with video tutorials for some things.

On YouTube...

But a comprehensive manual all in one place continues to elude us. :)

• mmoch25mmoch25 Posts: 122

Thanks for all the replies, but I was just wandering if there was any official documentation for the product rather than having to wait for 3rd party support.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681

Why can't there just be a list that explains the lens distortion type. I don't want to watch a 39 minute video to find out.