Re-downloading Genesis 1 base

HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Hello!

Does anyone know how to re-download Genesis 1 base? My version has become corrupt and I cannot find it for re-download anywhere

Comments

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    Wouldn't that be Genesis starter essentials?
  • Wouldn't that be Genesis starter essentials?

Yes

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Hera said:

Hello!

Does anyone know how to re-download Genesis 1 base? My version has become corrupt and I cannot find it for re-download anywhere

If you use DIM - go to that, uninstall the Genesis Starter Essentials and then reinstall it. You need to make sure you restart Daz Studio as well.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

I tried that but it didn't help. Is there a way to start anew. (What happens is that female forms loads into the male and he looks weird)

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 786
    edited October 2018
    Hera said:

I tried that but it didn't help. Is there a way to start anew. (What happens is that female forms loads into the male and he looks weird)

I had the same issue about a year ago and what caused the mess up was installing Shape Shift. What I ended up having to do was uninstall the Genesis Starter Essentials via DIM and go into the data folder inside the Daz directory and delete the Genesis base file (sorry, I don't recall the exact name but can look later) and then reinstall Genesis. Now I have my males and females back and not the hermaphroditic figure.
    Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited October 2018

could try set up genesis the way you want it, and save as character preset

manual d/l link  https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/#prod_14812

Post edited by Mistara on