How do you identify a product on a promo pic?

Hi. Here's a question I've never seen asked. How do you find out what character or prop is used on a particular sales page when there's no attribution on that page? I see no way to ask the artist directly. This has happened several times with props, which I suppose is a good thing because it saved me money. This time I see a character I'd like to buy. And I'd like to increase my "stock" of characters.

On the sales page for dForce Isabel Outfit Textures, by Moonscape Graphics and Sade, one character is used for all the promo pics. She doesn't appear in either artist's product pages.

They wouldn't use a prop or character from Rendero or another vendor site, right? So if this is a product here, why don't they promote it in their promos? Thanks if anyone knows about this. I have money today! :-)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    PAs are allowed to use items from other stores in Daz store promo renders. Hair, jewelry, and clothing from Renderosity frequently show up in Daz store promo images. I don't believe the artists are allowed to link to those other store products on their Daz store product page. There also seems to be no requirement or trend to link all Daz store products that are used, either. You are usually on your own to figure out what was used. People often post questions in the Daz forum and ask if anyone recognizes the item. Many times, someone does.
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    Kenkoy said:

Hi. Here's a question I've never seen asked. How do you find out what character or prop is used on a particular sales page when there's no attribution on that page? I see no way to ask the artist directly. This has happened several times with props, which I suppose is a good thing because it saved me money. This time I see a character I'd like to buy. And I'd like to increase my "stock" of characters.

On the sales page for dForce Isabel Outfit Textures, by Moonscape Graphics and Sade, one character is used for all the promo pics. She doesn't appear in either artist's product pages.

They wouldn't use a prop or character from Rendero or another vendor site, right? So if this is a product here, why don't they promote it in their promos? Thanks if anyone knows about this. I have money today! :-)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/280271/what-character-is-used-as-the-model-in-the-d-force-isabel-dress-textures-promos#latest

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,028
    Kenkoy said:
    They wouldn't use a prop or character from Rendero or another vendor site, right?

A lot of vendors do actually use content from other sites, and even sometimes older products or custom content not available anywhere....

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

We do use content from other sites as well as Daz3d, but a lot of us also have our own unreleased promo characters (because it's just a bunch of morph dials in many cases, and you have to be able to put together like 50 of those for them to sell).

A daz PA who regularly releases products and wants to rotate the hairs they use, for instance, might easily need 25 different hairs in a month.  25 different hairs aren't released at Daz3d in a month.  So in that case the artist rotates through not only different stores, but different generations (hairs from all the way back to V4 show up in my renders, for instance).

• I appreciate all the responses, and I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one to have noticed the uniqueness of the character. The other link tells us where the character comes from.

I almost feel guilty for not noticing the clothing. Now that I have, it'll go onto my wishlist... along with Misumi and Brooklyn!

PS- Strange, I recently bought characters who look like my Mom and Dad in their youth, and this one looks like a cousin. I just turned 70. I think I'm showing signs of age! ;-)