Animation adjust across all keyframes

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

If I load an animation on V4, and I want to adjust the bend of the foot by -15 on each keyframe, is there a way to do this globally (like select all of them and adjust)...or do I have to go to each keyframe and adjust it manually?

(...basically, accounting for heels, versus flat shoes, feet are hidden)

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    If I load an animation on V4, and I want to adjust the bend of the foot by -15 on each keyframe, is there a way to do this globally (like select all of them and adjust)...or do I have to go to each keyframe and adjust it manually?

(...basically, accounting for heels, versus flat shoes, feet are hidden)

The easiest way is to use an NLA clip on a second track.
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

OK, now I know there is a way to do it, off to the doco I go...thanks!

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    NP
    If it gives you a point of reference it works just like adding a second track in Animate 2 to do the same thing, though with a couple of options on blending the tracks. :)
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Funny you should post this topic! The last couple days I was working on creating a simple walk cycle for A3. I wanted two cycles. One with heels and one without. I wanted to create and save NLA clips for future use. When I created the clips, I excluded the feet from one so I could still pose them- this is the clip I used for heels. The other one has the feet included, this the one for flats. I need to test in a more complex scene to see how both clips work.

Here's some animated gifs. For some reason they play much slower than the .mov files. The one with A3 in the school girl outfit has flats. The other is the heeled version.

Doc5.gif
    480 x 640 - 767K
    Doc3.gif
    480 x 360 - 790K
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    NP
    If it gives you a point of reference it works just like adding a second track in Animate 2 to do the same thing, though with a couple of options on blending the tracks. :)

Thanks, actually the only animation I've done is some basic object camera movement in Carrara for a space video a did a while back, and the rest in Poser. This will be more advanced for me.

I've never really learned the use of NLA clips, so I probably need to. I'll pop in CC and see if they have a video tut! :)

edited December 1969

Funny you should post this topic! The last couple days I was working on creating a simple walk cycle for A3. I wanted two cycles. One with heels and one without. I wanted to create and save NLA clips for future use. When I created the clips, I excluded the feet from one so I could still pose them- this is the clip I used for heels. The other one has the feet included, this the one for flats. I need to test in a more complex scene to see how both clips work.

Here's some animated gifs. For some reason they play much slower than the .mov files. The one with A3 in the school girl outfit has flats. The other is the heeled version.

Looks good!

I still think we should all put animated clips into a repository somewhere for Carrara, so we can all benefit. (unless of course you are trying to make money)

Like a Carrara animation archive. Heck, I'd be willing to add a download category (with sub-categories) on my site for it, or I've got a Box account I never use (10gb I believe)...or a Google Drive I rarely use, etc...

It would probably draw more users, knowing that there was a ton of free animations as well! :)

(are NLA clips shareable, or copyrighted stuff in there? hmmm...gotta read up)

edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:

Looks good!

I still think we should all put animated clips into a repository somewhere for Carrara, so we can all benefit. (unless of course you are trying to make money)

Like a Carrara animation archive. Heck, I'd be willing to add a download category (with sub-categories) on my site for it, or I've got a Box account I never use (10gb I believe)...or a Google Drive I rarely use, etc...

It would probably draw more users, knowing that there was a ton of free animations as well! :)

(are NLA clips shareable, or copyrighted stuff in there? hmmm...gotta read up)

I certainly don't mind sharing some of the clips I make for standard figures, such as the version 3s and 4s.. I don't have many.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    Thanks, actually the only animation I've done is some basic object camera movement in Carrara for a space video a did a while back, and the rest in Poser. This will be more advanced for me.
    Very cool!

But I have to add...
    3dage taught me a better trick than the NLA, although I've not actually tried that - so I shouldn't really say "better". But there is an abundance that I have yet to learn about the vastness that NLA really has to offer. I 'feel', very strongly, that it holds a LOT more power (NLA functionality) than what I've discovered so far.

3dage uses the graph editor on the rotational axis for the necessary part. In this case, the left foot and right foot.

So you select the foot in question, and find it highlighted in the sequencer. Open the hierarchy so that you can find the appropriate axis for the needed rotation fix. Then you can simple grab the value in the graph editor and drag it until the foot changes to where you need it's rotation to be and it corrects it by that same difference across the entire animation.

Perhaps even more can be learned about this same principal in DAZ_jared's Joint editor article?

EP, Nice work on the cycle!

edited December 1969

OK, send me a PM, link, e-mail or something and I will set 'em up! :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Dart I'll try that. I am in the process of buying C8.5 first, cause C8.5.204 is crashing every other render right now...ugh. There is nothing to report except "An error occurred"

edited December 1969

BTW, since we are all platinum club for at least 3 months, browse past the 1.99 items right now, and there is a whole lot of stuff at between 70 and 80% off. I don't think thats typical.

edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    OK, send me a PM, link, e-mail or something and I will set 'em up! :)

It's going to be awhile. I'm still trying to work out this animation.