Gen 2 and V6 w C8.5.

Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Has anyone tried Gen 2/V6 with C 8.5 natively? Or does DS need to be used to set it up?

Thanks

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

akulla3D said:
    Has anyone tried Gen 2/V6 with C 8.5 natively? Or does DS need to be used to set it up?

Thanks

She works rather nicely. What doesn't work is autofit from Genesis 1. Also if you have mallenlane's V4 uv/clone set for Genesis 2 Female, autofit from Victoria 4 will work but not on shoes.
  • Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

ya I bit the bullet on this and got her. very nice -- I totally skipped Gen 1. I do need to get used to the new content layout.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Followup question to this thread...

I am considering Carrara 8.5 Pro; it comes with M5 and V5...not M6 and V6...

What to do here...might I be better served to try to get the version 6's sooner rather than later? If so, how to do this economically?

• CarltonMartinCarltonMartin Posts: 147
    edited August 2013

Followup question to this thread...

I am considering Carrara 8.5 Pro; it comes with M5 and V5...not M6 and V6...

What to do here...might I be better served to try to get the version 6's sooner rather than later? If so, how to do this economically?

Well, there is no M6, to begin with. And C8.5 Pro comes with the M5/V5 Pro packages, which is a substantial amount of product, if you don't already have them; plus, there's nothing obsolete about Genesis/M5/V5, according to DAZ, V6 is just a newer path.

[edit] BTW, Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials comes free with C8.5 Pro, too, BTW.

Post edited by CarltonMartin on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Aaah, thank you for the correction about M6...I had just made an assumption.

Getting closer to a decision here and I think I'm going to jump on 8.5 Pro (with V5/M5 Pro packages) and I already have G2 Female Starter Essentials from DAZ Studio 4 and I think I may pick up the Portrait Studio pack too since it's on sale.