C8.5 installation & DS4 content

EleleElele Posts: 1,097
edited August 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Howdy!

Got my C8.5 :D
Now what do I do with it?
From the setup guide DIM can download and install C8.5, which is fine with me, but then...
Well, first off C8.5 (the application itself) is not showing up in the "ready to download" or "ready to install" tabs of DIM.

Second, content: I got DS4 with a content folder (also managed by DIM). Will all Carrara content go into this same folder (like howies scenes, dynamic hair,...)?

Third: do i need to uninstall C8 and all it's content and redownload it with DIM? (no problem for me, just don't want some things left behind. I only have DAZ Carrara content)

Thanks!

Post edited by Elele on

Comments

• EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited August 2013

C8.5 just showed up in DIM :)

That's one problem resolved

Post edited by Elele on
    edited December 1969

Patience has never been my strong point :D
    Just installed everything and it all seems to work.

With this I end my blog :)

Cheers!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225
    edited December 1969

Before you go,
    Carrara content, like Native Content, Howie Products, etc., will get installed to the same place Carrara gets installed to. With DIM it's really slick, but you do want to check the DIM's setting (click the gear icon - upper right) and check that there is only one install path for Carrara.
    I set one up a while back, for beta. When 8.5 came out, DIM assigned it a new location. So I simply selected the old one and hit the minus sign "-" to get rid of it.
    Before I did that, however, I saw (and read) "How to install the new carrara if your having problems" - by our Boo Jum Brown Bunny and felt it was a good idea to uninstall everything first, then fix DIM's location directories, then install everything.

edited December 1969

I had a custom location for DS content and it din't create a new for Carrara so i assume carrara content is installed there or in the my documents folder.

Thanks!

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited August 2013

Elele said:
    I had a custom location for DS content and it din't create a new for Carrara so i assume carrara content is installed there or in the my documents folder.

Thanks!

Carara content gets installed directly to the Carrara folder. Install Manager treats Carrara content like a Plug-in, not like DS or Poser Content. So if you have more than one version of Carrara installed, make sure eacjh of them is in your Application tab of settings, before you install Carrara content.
    Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on