What DAZ conceals ... and why? - ongoing list of 8.5 improvements not mentioned

Frank__Frank__ Posts: 302
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

As I'm not the biggest fan of DAZ since the give-away of Studio Pro as an early adopter ... or now the give-away of pro-bundles I already have ... screw that for a moment.

There are improvements in C 8.5 which aren't mentioned in the list of new things. Why?

1st: obj-import now reads the textures in the mtl-file. No more getting blank (texture-wise) obj-imports, but textured ones. This alone saves so much time that the 85$ are justified.

(2nd: I have to do more tests, but it seems, that 8.5 copes better with massive amounts of morphs on V4. We'll see...)

If you find another improvements not mentioned in the new features list, please post your observations.

(If you only want to tell how good or bad or lovely DAZ is, please stay away from these thread.)

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited December 1969

the FBX import is usable for iClone pipeline exports unlike 8.1 and was the main reason I spent $171 (I grabbed it straight away hoping support ticket leads to $85 credit}
    Genesis was just a bonus.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847
    edited December 1969

I would say a lot of Carrara users understand that the importing is much improved in C8.5. There were a lot of topics like this one on that issue:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25475/

• Frank__Frank__ Posts: 302
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    I would say a lot of Carrara users understand that the importing is much improved in C8.5. There were a lot of topics like this one on that issue:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25475/

Unfortunately I missed this thread (and the others) completely and I read quite regular the forum. :(

For me, if not all the people who are here only now for the new release, this is reason enough, to put this big improvement (also the one Wendy mentioned) on DAZ's "official" improvement list. Could help making the decision if C 8.5 is worth to upgrade or not.

I'm curious what else is in the new release ... :)