Carrara 8.5 Pro - Virtual Tour Renderings (HowieFarkes)

tigmetigme Posts: 0
edited August 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Ringo asked me to re-post my renderings from Facebook on the Daz Forum. I have always been amazed by HowieFarkes scenes. I bought many of his scenes over the past few years and decided to create immersive virtual tours of each scene. I will post images in the thread as they come off my rendering machine. The final images are all 12000 pixels by 6000 pixels and give the viewer an experience of what Carrara can do and also how well the artists planned the scenes to give you an omni-directional view.

The first scene is HowiesFarkes Snow Scene Enjoy:
The only virtual tour image that will be 10000x5000 pixels...
http://home.govisit.co.za/viewer/?s=56

snow-vr-dazforum.jpg
500 x 250 - 50K
Post edited by tigme on

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Ok, that's awesome. :) Thanks for posting, it really is excellent.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited December 1969

I myself have rendered a bunch of his scenes using the spherical camera zoomed to 1 and put them on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet as QTVR panos
    I just about fall over though turning it in real space to view the scenes! :lol:
    (do not try it drunk)
    I used to share them (the renders) but got a few comments about them stopping people from buying the product if they used them for backgrounds which was never my intention (an embedded QTVR should be ok though, I myself have some on sharecg)

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I remember someone did a spherical interactive of the Oriental gardens scene (I may not be getting the name right) that was pretty awesome. Was that you, Wendy?

Howie does impressive stuff.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225
    edited December 1969

I have to agree with your point of how well laid out the artist (Howie) made his scenes. I am always overly impressed with how he creates the scene. I take long hours taking them apart, looking at all of the various elements. I really hope that we can, somehow, resurrect his artzone write-ups that used to accompany the links in his product read me, since he put such an informative report about all of the tests he's performed with the scene and lighting settings vs render engine - really cool stuff to read.

Thanks for posting here - and thanks to Ringo for asking ;)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited December 1969

yes, I put the Japanese Tea Garden on sharecg as a QTVR panorama.
    I use the original 12000x6000 render a lot as a background with shadowcatch in my videos which is what I do with all my spherical renderings.
    I have most his scenes rendered out for that.
    It is one way to use them easily for many things as you can use global illumination too, sunlight and one figure renders quite quickly for an animation.

• tigmetigme Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    I remember someone did a spherical interactive of the Oriental gardens scene (I may not be getting the name right) that was pretty awesome. Was that you, Wendy?

Howie does impressive stuff.

I also did a virtual tour of the Japanese garden when it was released by Daz the first time. Going to rerender it in Carrara 8.5 Pro as soon as I get the chance.

edited December 1969

yes, I put the Japanese Tea Garden on sharecg as a QTVR panorama.
    I use the original 12000x6000 render a lot as a background with shadowcatch in my videos which is what I do with all my spherical renderings.
    I have most his scenes rendered out for that.
    It is one way to use them easily for many things as you can use global illumination too, sunlight and one figure renders quite quickly for an animation.
    To great effect, too! ;)
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Very cool way to show off these great sets!

edited December 1969

What kind of plugin do I need to use the viewer? Or maybe my screen res is too low? I just get a Fatal Error xmsomething message when using the link.