Internet and Rendering

Does DAZ Studio 4.10 Professional have to be connected to the internet for rendering? I have a large animation I want to render out in image files in which could take up to a week to render and I do not want any interferences with any updates or interuptions! Cheers

Comments

• No, you just need internet to update metadata in  DazConnect. You can render without intenet connection unlike Octane.

• Many thanks for your reply.Cheers

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

No, you just need internet to update metadata in  DazConnect. You can render without intenet connection unlike Octane.

As someone interested in Octane, what...? You need to be connected to render? What is that about? 

• Paintbox said:

No, you just need internet to update metadata in  DazConnect. You can render without intenet connection unlike Octane.

As someone interested in Octane, what...? You need to be connected to render? What is that about? 

Just go to Otoy Octain website and check the specs on Octaine. This is a great render engine but the people at Otoy are DRM crazy. I should be clear there is a offline mode to render but using this render engine requires a internet connection.