Can I run a bullet or liquid simulation in carrara and then bake and export it?

linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,336
edited November 2013 in Carrara Discussion

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on

Comments

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

I honestly don't have a good answer to that question since I'm not too familiar with that aspect of Carrara. However one of the new features in Carrara 8.5 is the sampling feature. This will take an animation and create a key at every frame. This is really helpful when exporting the animation.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/carrara/8_5/userguide/animating/tutorials/animation_filters/start

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

I think Fenric has made a plugin that can export object sequences, it may or may not do some of what you want. I don't have it.

Fenric's plugins

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2013

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

The answer would have to be No.

At least for particles.

They are application specific, like lights and such - you can't export those things and have other software read it properly.

What fluid simulations are you talking about?

Carrara does not do fluid simulations. Metaballs may work, but then the only export would be some sort of sequential geometry export - which would be possible, but probably terabytes in size (unless you mean a single frame and not a full animation).

Can you elaborate on what you want to export?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited December 1969

the bullet will certainly export as FBX but not into studio, I have had no luck there.
    metaball particles just export as the preview geometry not the final render as obj, FBX fails.
    so you get lots of little balls in the water spray pattern or whatever but not the final fluid like render result.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2013