Painting a full body tatoo on Vicky 4?

Not sure if this is right place for it, but here goes:

I'm wanting to paint a texture on Victoria 4, which is essetially a "full body" tatoo. One mark basicly starts on her face (her Lower lip) and goes below her navel, without a break. An another Series of Marks goes across her back.

For those who don't know Vicky's 4's Texture maps, the head is seperate texture to her body, and there is the seam along the back. Most of my "custom" texture work was simple tasks to date, as most have been T-shirts or Flat panels.

So do I make sure that the joins isn't obvious and basicly hide the seams.

I am aware of several expensive programs that could do exactly what I want do by letting me paint on the model more like if I had real model and a paint bush, than painting a sheet of paper that folded over the model. Microsoft's Paint 3D works until I realise I can't get the painted V4 back in to Daz 3D. Do you know of any program out there that could do what I need, ideally on the cheaper end of things?

Comments

• Have you looked at Blender? it has projection painting tools, though I don't know how good theya re. Otherwise, you are looking at using a seam guide template (which will have a series of colourd marks around it, showing you which edge lines up with which) and probably a lot of trial and error (but it's how people used to do this).

• Blender, huh? Worth a look, it's going to be a while reading up on this, and testing..  and It's a ton of reading, which in this case is a good thing.

I found another app that should be able to do the job, but it was way too unstable to do the job.