DT's Shaders For DAZ3D Content

DimensionTheoryDimensionTheory Posts: 434
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I've been having some fun with these the last couple of weeks, and with the release of 8.5 I wanted to get everything together for you guys. This is something I plan to put some time into now and then whenever I get some new content and it sounds interesting, it's all out of fun for me so I can't make any promises about how much I'll be doing. The things here aren't intended to be my best work so I fully understand things could be better, my intention is to provide a better foundation for Carrara users to take advantage of when working with content. Characters I do textures for will be the less popular ones as I wouldn't want to take away from PAs producing commercial shader sets, other props and clothing etc will mostly be the things that interest me or I'm happy with buying. These shaders will be my interpretation, and while I'll do my best to stay in line with presets included with products I support sometimes this isn't possible (limitation differences between programs in which these presets are created being the main issue).

If you would like to support what I'm doing please consider buying the content I make presets for, and you're more than welcome to leave a message letting me know. Having Carrara users purchasing more content here at DAZ3D would be a good way to help fuel development in my opinion. The most active markets tend to receive the most support in all forms of sales, so I feel that more activity on our part will lead to good things.

In this post I have attached a simple illustration showing how to load the shader presets while in the texture room, most sets will only require you drop a single preset of your choosing in this way. Some sets contain separate parts of shaders and these will have to be dropped manually at your discretion. Textures should all be loaded automatically from runtimes mapped to Carrara, as long as you have the products installed. Please let me know if you have any issues!

Usage.jpg
1256 x 810 - 349K

Comments