DS 4.10 not saving correctly

Im importing a cr2 from poser, modifying materials and such in daz studio..I convert the figure to weight mapping, then choosing 'save as' and support - figure...

it saves the duf fine, writes the folder into the data folder..but its not saving the dsf...so when I try to load it back in it complains that it cant find it.

Any idea why it would do this?

Comments

• Check the top of the options dialogue when saving the figure asset - what content directory is it using, and where is that on disc?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited September 2018
    For me, save as figure/prop dialog box always defaults to trying to save in the Daz Connect library. I have to manually change it every time. I wish I knew how to make it default to my first listed non-connect library, like save as morph asset does.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I am told

The list of paths in the Asset Directory menu come directly from the list of mapped native content directories; no more, no less. If the path for the selected figure/prop can be made relative using (only) the path of a mapped native content directory, it defaults to that mapped path. If the path for the selected figure/prop can NOT be made relative using (only) the path of a mapped native content directories, it defaults to the first mapped native content directory. Those facts, in conjunction with your description, suggest that you have the/a Daz Connect directory mapped as a native content directory. Therefore, to cause it to default to the first mapped native content directory, remove the Daz Connect directory from the list of mapped native content directories.
  • Thanks, I'll check that.  Other items I've been saving worked fine..so maybe something got munged recently.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited September 2018
    Chohole said:

I am told

The list of paths in the Asset Directory menu come directly from the list of mapped native content directories; no more, no less. If the path for the selected figure/prop can be made relative using (only) the path of a mapped native content directory, it defaults to that mapped path. If the path for the selected figure/prop can NOT be made relative using (only) the path of a mapped native content directories, it defaults to the first mapped native content directory. Those facts, in conjunction with your description, suggest that you have the/a Daz Connect directory mapped as a native content directory. Therefore, to cause it to default to the first mapped native content directory, remove the Daz Connect directory from the list of mapped native content directories.

Oh, is that Rob-Speak?

I am using DS 4.11.0.196 beta. I looked at my Content Directory Manager, and I only have my Daz Connect folder in the Daz Connect Data section. But, as an experiment, I tried removing all content directories (other than my main non-Connect library) From DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats. I tried to remove those content libraries from the Content Directory Manager with the Content Directory pane open. Daz Studio got hung for a long time using 0% CPU, so I finally killed it with the Task Manager. Then DS wouldn't restart; it was hung on Connecting to CMS.... So I rebooted my computer and then DS started normally, but none of the content libraries had been removed from the Content Directory Manager lists. So, I closed the Content Library pane and accessed the Content Directory Manager from Edit/Preferences. This time it let me remove all the non-essential libraries from DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats. After that, Save As/Figure Prop Asset defaulted to the one non-Connect library I had left in DAZ Studio Formats. So, after that success, I added all of the other content libraries back into DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats, so I had exactly the same library list as when I started all of this. SUCCESS! Although nothing is visibly different to my eye in the Content Directory Manager lists, Save As/Figure Prop Asset now defaults to the library I want it to use. I shut down Daz Studio and restarted it and it still works.

I don't understand what changed, but I thank you, and whoever gave you that answer, for helping me solve this issue that has bugged me for a long time. 

Post edited by barbult on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes it is indeed Rob-Speak

• LwanmtrLwanmtr Posts: 13
    edited September 2018

I checked my preferences nothing about connect in there...Im perplexed on this issue...the only thing saved to the data folder are a UVSets folder and a file (in this case called 'vehicles' that has 0k size.  Ive tried resaving the file multiple times, same thing.

This is pretty much putting me on hold with the project til I can get it going.

Post edited by Lwanmtr on