Direct Connect - products keep showing update available

docbotherdocbother Posts: 106
edited September 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion

Permanent upate available for product. For example RoboGenII shows update available (curly arrow icon on thumbnail). I tell DS to update the product. I goes through the process of downloading (according to the status line), the applies it. But the little icon is still there. Repeat this process multiple times over a month period. No change.

Then I download another handful of products. Now some of these products are doing the same thing. PsiBarracks, West Park Committed, et al.

Is this a known issue. Known fix? Products seem to work okay otherwise.

Post edited by docbother on

Comments

• Right-click on the product thumbnail and select Browse to location, then check to see if there are incomplete files (.part, I think) in there - it may be that something is failing to download correctly.

• docbotherdocbother Posts: 106
    edited September 2018

Hmm.Good call. All the Poser files are .part files with zero length. (Edit: The DS files seem to be complete though.)

So I looked at the log file and found a whole bunch of warning like:

"WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Could not find URL for file WP_Cor_Cflr.cr2 runtime/libraries/character/west_park_c/wp_cor_cflr.cr2 in product West Park Committed 13570"

There were pages of them and all were for the poser files in the packages. Now, I don't think the DS files have any dependencies in these. I have these same files in my Poser Runtime. Is there a reason to copy them over to the DS cloud directory?

Post edited by docbother on
  • Tried to do an offline install. Went though the process step by step with the sea and sep files.

It doesn't work. What happens? Nothing. I get all the files in place and click 'Install Offline Products' then nothing. Tried unintalling first. Same.

Double and triple checked I had used the correct directory based on my settings in Content Directory Manager. Tried again, and again.

Stood on one foot while re-doing all the above. That didn't work either.

• I thought most of West Park had stand-alone DS versions, in which case - as long as the textures are there - the actual Poser files aren't needed. You might want to open a support ticket in case this is a problem with your acount.

• Thanks for the help. I've decided that this is only a status update error for DS and doesn't appear to affect the content available for DS.

I will open a ticket when I get the time. Now that I think about it, I have noticed a small handfull of problems lately in either DIM or Direct Connect for Poser-specific files not showing up. QC might be getting a little lax on that side of things.