Bug reporting

SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Ok, I am lost ... maybe I missed the memo or did not read the right thread. I know that the Mantis bug reporter is now 'gone away', and I have just tried to raise a report via Zendesk, but get told 'Forbidden' when I hit the submit button.

So, just where do I submit a bug report (about DIM)?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

I just submitted a test report and didn't get an error. Please try again. Maybe the system was temporarily down when you submitted.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Curious - went through this time, thanks :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited December 1969

...so what exactly happened with the Mantis site?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so what exactly happened with the Mantis site?

The DAZ 3D developers still have access to it, but there's no longer outside access.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited December 1969

...that's a bummer. I liked having the ability to check if an issue I ran into was already reported so I could just add a comment to that one rather than have to create an entirely new (redundant) ticket.

Doesn't make sense that it is flagged as an "Untrusted" site by FF. If it is to be off limits to the community it should just return an "Access Denied" message.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...that's a bummer. I liked having the ability to check if an issue I ran into was already reported so I could just add a comment to that one rather than have to create an entirely new (redundant) ticket.

Doesn't make sense that it is flagged as an "Untrusted" site by FF. If it is to be off limits to the community it should just return an "Access Denied" message.

That's strange -- for me Firefox just redirects to Zendesk.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

that info isn't necessary bundled with anything Firefox, it could be your service provider flagging this. Some sites get flagged for running with the default settings unchanged and if a providers software picks this up it can cause a warning (since servers left at default settings theoretically have a higher chance of being hacked by amateurs)

ZenDesk desperately needs a collaborative tool and Daz3d has already mentioned it to the developers according to the post about the 4.6.2.17 beta post in the Studio forums:

that 's a pitty, it's just that now 100 users can report the same bug over & over again, and that 's creating some unnecessary workflow for those sorting the buglist. ah well may be later...
    We are working with Zendesk on a fix for that. They know what we need, and we will get it Zendesk Soon.
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

The DAZ 3D developers still have access to it, but there's no longer outside access.

If this is indeed the case, there is hope. I suspect that the database was just dumped. I had worked with several bug report systems, even SAP. Mantis was the best. If I knew access was going to be denied to us (and private developers with NDA), I'd exported the database to Excel, which Mantis can. Without this database, you never know whether a bug was already reported or not.