Carrara 8.5 and the Vector Plugin

MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I've installed Carrara Pro 8.5 64 on my Mac and it's working fine so far.

I did try and install the Vector plugin though and it ran into a problem when it tried to update the Carrara.app itself and the Content folder inside the Carrara.app. It said it couldn't write to them. I check the permissions though and it wasn't set to read only for anyone.

Does this mean we need to wait for an update to the Vector plugin for Carrara to be compatible with 8.5?

Comments

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited December 1969

I am curious if you got it working, or filed a support ticket .... ?

I have not upgraded to 8.5 yet, or I would try to install it as well.

• MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

I haven't turned in a support ticket, but I might as well. No answers have come via the forums.

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited December 1969

I purchased and installed Carrara 8.5 Pro, then installed VectorStyle 2.2 (Windows x64 version). I had to choose the Carrara 8.5 folder because the installer could not locate the correct folder.

I seems to have installed correctly (at least on my Windows computer) and ran a simple test and it appears to be working but I want to work with it more before I am sure.

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Since cdordoni decided to give the wheel a spin on Windows I figured I may as well give it a go on the Mac.

I installed using the "C8_VectorStyle_2.0.5.8_Mac64" installer. I also had to point it to the 8.5 folder as the installer defaulted to the folder for 8 but after that, everything worked fine. I didn't even have to re-enter my serial number.

• stijillstijill Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

where can i get this plug-in

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

stijill said:
    where can i get this plug-in

http://www.daz3d.com/vectorstyle-2-for-carrara