Cleaning up the shop! and Plug ins

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

First I run a Mac Pro under OS 10.8.4

Okay I have my new C8.5 pro installed, Have been playing hell making it come to life. Of course the native content DID NOT instal I had to copy the PRESETS and SCNESE from C8.5 pro BETA that seems to have works. buut

1) I have a lot of digital Carvers plugins installed over on C8.5 pro beta. What is the best way to transfer them over to C8.5 pro?

2) Once up running an happy maybe in 2014 SHOULD I get rid of/delete/uninstall C8.5 Pro Beta or does it matter at all?

Comments

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,850
    edited December 1969

I deleted C8 Pro and C8.5 Beta. I then deleted the C8 Pro content folder in my C:\Users\[User]\Documents\DAZ 3D. Of course, I moved over what I needed, like some of my own shader presets. I had uninstall some content I installed under C8 Pro and then reinstalled under the new 8.5 Pro; like Starry Sky.

I was able to do this because I am a new user of C8 Pro (which I hardly used because of the Object import bug that was fixed in the C8.5 Beta). If you have a lot of content, it might be more difficult for you to clean house like I was able to.