[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

1234568»

Comments

• greysgreys Posts: 335
    edited April 2019

Double post, ignore me!

Post edited by greys on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,373
    greys said:

I've run into a bit of an odd one, and it's probably down to the item in question but I figured I'd check in just in case anyone else has run into this or has thoughts on a fix.

The item in question is The Victorian Gown for G2F by shifting_images (The rest of their items converted over flawlessly and the textures look gorgeous in iray with minimal fuss if anyone's looking for recs). The skirt converts excellently, but the sleeves on the top have split into floating layers for some reason. I've tried both the bodysuit and coat conformers without success, along with posing G8F in the G2F pose prior to conversion and dialing in the G2F clone on the offchance.

It's easy enough to hide the floating geometry with the geometry editor if need be, but if anyone has any thoughts on this let me know!

Edit: regular autofit produced the expected result, but leaving this here for information.

I expect what happened is that the floating bits were outside the conformers area of influence. The conformer grabbed most of the geometry and pulled it to the correct shape but missed those little bits.  There isn't anything I can do about it.  Sorry.

• greysgreys Posts: 335
    edited April 2019

No worries, I figured it was probably something with the specific dress geometry. I just saved out the autofit result. Thanks so much for your speedy response - the level of support you provide for your products is absolutely wonderful!

Here's a quick render of G8F and her new-old dress (and hair!):

Victorian Gown Conversion.png
    1061 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by greys on
    greys said:

No worries, I figured it was probably something with the specific dress geometry. I just saved out the autofit result. Thanks so much for your speedy response - the level of support you provide for your products is absolutely wonderful!

Here's a quick render of G8F and her new-old dress (and hair!):

You're welcome!  And that is a beautiful image!  Thanks for sharing.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited September 2019

I ran into a weird issue with the Shifting Images Fantasy Wrap for G2F: https://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-cloth-wrap-for-genesis-2-female-s

The converter killed every motion morph in every part of the outfit dead. Every single one. It's as though it was sent through Autofit (which also kills the morphs dead). I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to make it work better, or if this is just one of those weird clothing items that doesn't work.

And just to make things weird, the "Ignore previously converted files" is not working when I try to "Add Directory". I wanted to send the Fantasy Cloth Wrap through again to see if maybe picking something other than the Bodysuit conformer might help. Whether "Ignore" is checked or unchecked, I get the "No NEW Clothing detected" popup, and it refuses to add the items to the converter. It does seem to allow it when I add items individually. Is that intended, or is that a bug of some sort?

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • vwrangler said:

I ran into a weird issue with the Shifting Images Fantasy Wrap for G2F: https://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-cloth-wrap-for-genesis-2-female-s

The converter killed every motion morph in every part of the outfit dead. Every single one. It's as though it was sent through Autofit (which also kills the morphs dead). I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to make it work better, or if this is just one of those weird clothing items that doesn't work.

And just to make things weird, the "Ignore previously converted files" is not working when I try to "Add Directory". I wanted to send the Fantasy Cloth Wrap through again to see if maybe picking something other than the Bodysuit conformer might help. Whether "Ignore" is checked or unchecked, I get the "No NEW Clothing detected" popup, and it refuses to add the items to the converter. It does seem to allow it when I add items individually. Is that intended, or is that a bug of some sort?

Hmmm.  I don't have that item.

Was the script able to detect the wrap BEFORE it was converted and DOES NOT now?  Or did it never detect it?

vwrangler said:

Was the script able to detect the wrap BEFORE it was converted and DOES NOT now?  Or did it never detect it?

The script detected all of the wraps just fine the first time. It added them to the queue, ran the converter, everything seemed to go fine, until I realized that all the morphs were dead in every piece of the set. (Kind of surprising, that; you'd think that maybe one or two of the pieces would be OK, but it just killed them all.) When I tried to add them to the converter again to see if maybe reconverting would work, it refused to allow me to add the directory again, but did allow the individual items.

I tried the cape converter on the body wrap the second time. All morphs still dead.

(Incidentally, the G2M hair converter did the same thing to AprilYSH's Milen Hair -- the G2 version of the hair has lots of motion morphs, and every single one of them got killed dead when sent through the G2M-G8M hair converter. Maybe there's something about the G2 generation of stuff that's weird or quirky?)

• vwrangler said:
    vwrangler said:

The script detected all of the wraps just fine the first time. It added them to the queue, ran the converter, everything seemed to go fine, until I realized that all the morphs were dead in every piece of the set. (Kind of surprising, that; you'd think that maybe one or two of the pieces would be OK, but it just killed them all.) When I tried to add them to the converter again to see if maybe reconverting would work, it refused to allow me to add the directory again, but did allow the individual items.

I tried the cape converter on the body wrap the second time. All morphs still dead.

(Incidentally, the G2M hair converter did the same thing to AprilYSH's Milen Hair -- the G2 version of the hair has lots of motion morphs, and every single one of them got killed dead when sent through the G2M-G8M hair converter. Maybe there's something about the G2 generation of stuff that's weird or quirky?)

Hmmm.  That is very strange.  I wonder what is different about them?  Because you are able to convert other clothing and hair items for G2 and not lose morphs, correct?

(BTW, can you post the Daz log for when you try to add them again?  I want to figure out what is going on there too)

edited September 2019
    vwrangler said:

Hmmm.  That is very strange.  I wonder what is different about them?  Because you are able to convert other clothing and hair items for G2 and not lose morphs, correct?

(BTW, can you post the Daz log for when you try to add them again?  I want to figure out what is going on there too)

File attached. Looking at it, the converter appears to be serenely ignoring the "Ignore previously converted clothing" box, whether it's checked or unchecked, and simply defaulting to NOT ignoring -- but only when the "Add Directory" button is used. If I do "Add File" instead, it behaves as expected.

Still no idea why it's killing the morphs, though. The clothing converter's own log of the conversion is ... unhelpful.

22:55:06 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Executing Script
    22:55:06 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap\Body Wrap.duf
    22:55:06 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Converting clothing from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap\Body Wrap.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Body Wrap.duf
    22:55:24 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Copy Icons from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap\Body Wrap.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Body Wrap.duf
    22:55:24 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Copy Categories from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap\Body Wrap.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Body Wrap.duf
    22:55:37 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

On the upside, sent Milen Hair through the hair converter again. Because of the way the source directory is set up, it had to be done as an individual file, not a directory, so I don't know if that bug persists in the hair converter. However, sending it through again restored the morphs so that they function properly.

zip
    zip
    log-copy.zip
  • vwrangler said:
    vwrangler said:

File attached. Looking at it, the converter appears to be serenely ignoring the "Ignore previously converted clothing" box, whether it's checked or unchecked, and simply defaulting to NOT ignoring -- but only when the "Add Directory" button is used. If I do "Add File" instead, it behaves as expected.

Still no idea why it's killing the morphs, though. The clothing converter's own log of the conversion is ... unhelpful.

22:55:06 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Executing Script
    22:55:06 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap\Body Wrap.duf
    22:55:06 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Converting clothing from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap\Body Wrap.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Body Wrap.duf
    22:55:24 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Copy Icons from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap\Body Wrap.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Body Wrap.duf
    22:55:24 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Copy Categories from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap\Body Wrap.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Body Wrap.duf
    22:55:37 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

On the upside, sent Milen Hair through the hair converter again. Because of the way the source directory is set up, it had to be done as an individual file, not a directory, so I don't know if that bug persists in the hair converter. However, sending it through again restored the morphs so that they function properly.

Ok, for the Add Directorty, what is tripping you up is the Does Daz Version Exist check:

2019-09-05 22:45:25.842 DEBUG: Looking to see if Daz File "G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Thigh Wrap.duf" exists: true
    2019-09-05 22:45:25.842 DEBUG:    SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 2 Female/Clothing/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Thigh Wrap.duf

The script thinks the input file is in the Daz managed directories.  So it replaces the "Genesis 2 Female" part with "Genesis 8 Female" and looks to see if the file exists, which it does.  This is one reason why it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to not mix your input directories (that Daz installs) and your OUTPUT directories (where the script creates new content).  On my system, Daz content is in "D:\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing" and my content that I create or have scripts create is in "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis 8 Female\Clothing"

This mixing of the directories is also probably why you have had issues.  Something was unintentionally overwritten.

edited September 2019

Ok, for the Add Directorty, what is tripping you up is the Does Daz Version Exist check:

2019-09-05 22:45:25.842 DEBUG: Looking to see if Daz File "G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Thigh Wrap.duf" exists: true
    2019-09-05 22:45:25.842 DEBUG:    SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 2 Female/Clothing/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Thigh Wrap.duf

The script thinks the input file is in the Daz managed directories.  So it replaces the "Genesis 2 Female" part with "Genesis 8 Female" and looks to see if the file exists, which it does.  This is one reason why it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to not mix your input directories (that Daz installs) and your OUTPUT directories (where the script creates new content).  On my system, Daz content is in "D:\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing" and my content that I create or have scripts create is in "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis 8 Female\Clothing"

This mixing of the directories is also probably why you have had issues.  Something was unintentionally overwritten.

First, I did discover what's going on with the wraps, although it's nothing I can do anything about. I reinstalled the G2F version to make sure that everything was where Studio expected it to be, deleted everything the script had made before, and redid the transfer. For the body wrap, there are a bunch of custom bones hanging off the Right Thigh and Left Collar bones on the G2F original, the Movement group. For whatever reason, instead of preserving those bones when the transfer is made, the script is simply stripping them right out of the item -- it's effectively acting like Autofit. The Movement morphs are designed to act on those custom bones, so without them, the wrap goes dead. Is there any reason you know that it would do that?

There are some other morphs that don't depend on the custom bones -- the Style group. Those survive the process just fine. I hadn't looked at them before because it was the motion morphs I was most wanting to use.

As far as the Add Directory thing goes ... OK, I'm very confused. The input file necessarily HAS to be in the Daz managed directories. Where else would it come from?

That said: if I'm understanding things correctly, it's refusing to allow the input directory to be added for a second try at the conversion because the output directory -- which the script itself created -- already exists. Is that correct? If so, then it absolutely doesn't matter where the output directory is; as long as it already exists, the script will prevent the user from using Add Directory to do a replace/overwrite, deliberate or otherwise.

THAT said, if I'm understanding what you said correctly, it seems like the script is doing the following process:

1) check to see if destination directory exists

2) destination directory exists; refuse to overwrite ... but without clearly telling the user exactly why the operation fails at the point/time of failure
      -- It's probably a bit late, but for this sort of thing in the future, since this seems to be intentional, it would probably be good to have a script explicitly signal that for an Add Directory operation, if the destination directory already exists, the script cannot proceed; pick a new directory or delete the currently selected destination and restart the script. As it stands, the user explicitly tells the script "Ignore that anything to do with this exists, and do it over", and the script is basically saying "Nope!" ... but without telling the user why, and showing the user an error message that it should not show under those circumstances. The Daz log file message as it stands is uninformative for the user. You know what it means because you wrote the script; the user can only look at it and say, "OK, so the source G2F file exists. Why is that an issue?"

Am I completely misunderstanding what you were saying about that?

• vwrangler said:

First, I did discover what's going on with the wraps, although it's nothing I can do anything about. I reinstalled the G2F version to make sure that everything was where Studio expected it to be, deleted everything the script had made before, and redid the transfer. For the body wrap, there are a bunch of custom bones hanging off the Right Thigh and Left Collar bones on the G2F original, the Movement group. For whatever reason, instead of preserving those bones when the transfer is made, the script is simply stripping them right out of the item -- it's effectively acting like Autofit. The Movement morphs are designed to act on those custom bones, so without them, the wrap goes dead. Is there any reason you know that it would do that?

There are some other morphs that don't depend on the custom bones -- the Style group. Those survive the process just fine. I hadn't looked at them before because it was the motion morphs I was most wanting to use.

As far as the Add Directory thing goes ... OK, I'm very confused. The input file necessarily HAS to be in the Daz managed directories. Where else would it come from?

That said: if I'm understanding things correctly, it's refusing to allow the input directory to be added for a second try at the conversion because the output directory -- which the script itself created -- already exists. Is that correct? If so, then it absolutely doesn't matter where the output directory is; as long as it already exists, the script will prevent the user from using Add Directory to do a replace/overwrite, deliberate or otherwise.

THAT said, if I'm understanding what you said correctly, it seems like the script is doing the following process:

1) check to see if destination directory exists

2) destination directory exists; refuse to overwrite ... but without clearly telling the user exactly why the operation fails at the point/time of failure
      -- It's probably a bit late, but for this sort of thing in the future, since this seems to be intentional, it would probably be good to have a script explicitly signal that for an Add Directory operation, if the destination directory already exists, the script cannot proceed; pick a new directory or delete the currently selected destination and restart the script. As it stands, the user explicitly tells the script "Ignore that anything to do with this exists, and do it over", and the script is basically saying "Nope!" ... but without telling the user why, and showing the user an error message that it should not show under those circumstances. The Daz log file message as it stands is uninformative for the user. You know what it means because you wrote the script; the user can only look at it and say, "OK, so the source G2F file exists. Why is that an issue?"

Am I completely misunderstanding what you were saying about that?

The input directory is not the problem.  The output directory, that you set the first time you ran the script, is.  The first time you ran the script, you clicked the output directory button and set it.  (It is not set by the script.  It just remembers your selection)  As the manual states:

Click Set Clothing Output Directory... button to define the output directory where the converted clothing items will be saved. This should be the top-level directory, such as /People/Genesis 3/Female/Clothing (for G2F to G3F) or /People/Genesis 3/Male/Clothing (for G2M to G3M).  It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you select the DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library and create a Genesis 3/Female/Clothing or Genesis 3/Male/Clothing folder.  You could use the My DAZ 3D Library path; however, the clothing converter could overwrite vendor created content.  

The script should not try and change the directory as it could put stuff where you wouldn't find it.

edited September 2019

The input directory is not the problem.  The output directory, that you set the first time you ran the script, is.  The first time you ran the script, you clicked the output directory button and set it.  (It is not set by the script.  It just remembers your selection)  As the manual states:

Click Set Clothing Output Directory... button to define the output directory where the converted clothing items will be saved. This should be the top-level directory, such as /People/Genesis 3/Female/Clothing (for G2F to G3F) or /People/Genesis 3/Male/Clothing (for G2M to G3M).  It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you select the DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library and create a Genesis 3/Female/Clothing or Genesis 3/Male/Clothing folder.  You could use the My DAZ 3D Library path; however, the clothing converter could overwrite vendor created content.  

The script should not try and change the directory as it could put stuff where you wouldn't find it.

OK, I do understand what you're saying and why you're saying it. I really and truly do.

I created a new base directory at G:/Converted Clothing (neither My Library nor My Daz 3D Library exist on my system), with a subdirectory at "Genesis 8/Female". I selected that as the output directory.

The script allowed me to Add Directory. It created an entirely new data directory for the converted clothing inside the G:/Converted Clothing level, so it wasn't possible for it to overwrite anything from the vendor.

It still stripped the custom bones right out of the converted clothing. The bones are just gone, period.

Is there any way to make it stop doing that?

Looking at the script log, there's an error message now that hasn't appeared previously:

23:23:14 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Cannot find assets for old preset /People/Genesis 2 Female/Clothing/Shifting Images/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Arm Wrap.duf

23:23:41 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Cannot find assets for old preset /People/Genesis 2 Female/Clothing/Shifting Images/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Body Wrap.duf

EDIT: My mistake. That message does in fact appear if the clothing output directory is /Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Shifting Images/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap.

Is there any way to tell what assets it isn't finding? Maybe thats the clue to why the bones are being stripped.

EDIT 2: Log files from both the Clothing Converter and Studio in attached zip file.

zip
    zip
    logfiles.zip
  • vwrangler said:

OK, I do understand what you're saying and why you're saying it. I really and truly do.

I created a new base directory at G:/Converted Clothing (neither My Library nor My Daz 3D Library exist on my system), with a subdirectory at "Genesis 8/Female". I selected that as the output directory.

The script allowed me to Add Directory. It created an entirely new data directory for the converted clothing inside the G:/Converted Clothing level, so it wasn't possible for it to overwrite anything from the vendor.

It still stripped the custom bones right out of the converted clothing. The bones are just gone, period.

Looking at the script log, there's an error message now that hasn't appeared previously:

23:23:14 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Cannot find assets for old preset /People/Genesis 2 Female/Clothing/Shifting Images/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Arm Wrap.duf

23:23:41 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Cannot find assets for old preset /People/Genesis 2 Female/Clothing/Shifting Images/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap/Body Wrap.duf

EDIT: My mistake. That message does in fact appear if the clothing output directory is /Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Shifting Images/SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap.

Is there any way to tell what assets it isn't finding? Maybe thats the clue to why the bones are being stripped.

EDIT 2: Log files from both the Clothing Converter and Studio in attached zip file.

Thanks for the log.  That error occurs when the script is trying to copy the categories for the original G2F clothing item.  It asks the Daz DB for assets associated with the old file to copy its categories to the new file it created.  If you right-click your original G2F item in Smart Content and select "Explore Product", does it find anything?  It should find the original product.  In this case, "SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap" and all of its files.  I would uninstall and reinstall this product.

edited September 2019

Product uninstalled and reinstalled.

Smart Content found all the wardrobe parts, materials, shaping presets, everything.

Converter ran without any error messages this time.

Custom bones stripped right out of the converted clothing again.

I think at this point, I'm just going to have to give up on this. Despite everything, the converter insists on stripping out the custom bones, for no apparent reason, and since you don't have the item, troubleshooting is just very difficult.

I do wonder if maybe there's something that Shifting Images does in their workflow that the converters find difficult to understand. She also did the Victorian Gown, up at the beginning of page 8 (roughly) of this thread, just before I started posting about this. If the bones are outside the converter's field of influence, but the cloth itself is one item instead of layered geometry, then it maybe just drops the bones completely.

Anyway, thank you for trying to help.

• vwrangler said:

Thanks for the log.  That error occurs when the script is trying to copy the categories for the original G2F clothing item.  It asks the Daz DB for assets associated with the old file to copy its categories to the new file it created.  If you right-click your original G2F item in Smart Content and select "Explore Product", does it find anything?  It should find the original product.  In this case, "SI Fantasy Cloth Wrap" and all of its files.  I would uninstall and reinstall this product.

vwrangler said:

Product uninstalled and reinstalled.

Smart Content found all the wardrobe parts, materials, shaping presets, everything.

Converter ran without any error messages this time.

Custom bones stripped right out of the converted clothing again.

I think at this point, I'm just going to have to give up on this. Despite everything, the converter insists on stripping out the custom bones, for no apparent reason, and since you don't have the item, troubleshooting is just very difficult.

I do wonder if maybe there's something that Shifting Images does in their workflow that the converters find difficult to understand. She also did the Victorian Gown, up at the beginning of page 8 (roughly) of this thread, just before I started posting about this. If the bones are outside the converter's field of influence, but the cloth itself is one item instead of layered geometry, then it maybe just drops the bones completely.

Anyway, thank you for trying to help.

I did put the wrap on my wishlist.  If I ever get it, I will investigate.  Sorry for the inconvenience. 

I am glad reinstalling it fixed your metadata problem though.

edited September 2019

Actually one more question: Is there any chance that the converters do anything with

• Visual Basic 6 (VB6).
    • Macros that use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
    • Scripts or apps that use Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript).

I'm asking because the August 2019 Microsoft security patches broke Visual Basic across all versions of Windows. I expect. From what I can gather, VBScript seems to be failing silently; the macros and Visual Basic 6 itself seem to throw OS errors.

I ran into exactly the same issue with the V4-G8F hair converter and Arki's Dragon Braid -- stripping out custom bones -- and I know that was working properly before. The only things I've done to my system are installing the Default Resources update that Daz put out last week -- which I think shouldn't have any effect on this sort of thing at all (it's mostly shaders, isn't it?) -- and running the Microsoft security updates.

I think Studio itself installs a Visual Basic runtime on first installation, so it may also be that some part of Studio itself is failing silently instead/as well.

To fix Visual Basic on Windows 7, you have to install this update: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4517297

Information on getting the update for Windows 10 versions on this page at GHacks:
    - https://www.ghacks.net/2019/08/18/kb4512534-for-windows-10-version-1809-fixes-vb-bug-and-more/
    - https://www.ghacks.net/2019/08/17/first-updates-released-that-fix-the-windows-vb-bugs/

EDIT 1: I ran the visual basic patch AND reinstalled Studio 4.11 AND reinstalled the V4-G8F hair converter AND the G2-G8F clothing converter. That seems to have allowed the V4 hair converter to insert its own bones again, but Fantasy Cloth Wrap is still just getting its custom bones stripped.

EDIT 4: And please ignore all the parts about Dragon Braid that were here before. I apologize; I finally re-read all the way to the end of the hair converter manual and caught the part I missed before, about the morphs no longer working because of the bones being replaced. DUH. Patching Visual Basic and/or reinstalling Studio and/or reinstalling the hair converter did restore the bones in Dragon Braid that weren't being added previously. (Unfortunately, reinstalling the G2F converter didn't help the cloth wrap.) The rest is just me not reading carefully enough.

Again, my apologies for missing that before.

• SaraTSaraT Posts: 58

Hi there, was there ever any solution for the fantasy cloth wrap? I'm having the exact same problem with the movement morphs not working after conversion.

vwrangler said:

Actually one more question: Is there any chance that the converters do anything with

• Visual Basic 6 (VB6).
    • Macros that use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
    • Scripts or apps that use Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript).

I'm asking because the August 2019 Microsoft security patches broke Visual Basic across all versions of Windows. I expect. From what I can gather, VBScript seems to be failing silently; the macros and Visual Basic 6 itself seem to throw OS errors.

I ran into exactly the same issue with the V4-G8F hair converter and Arki's Dragon Braid -- stripping out custom bones -- and I know that was working properly before. The only things I've done to my system are installing the Default Resources update that Daz put out last week -- which I think shouldn't have any effect on this sort of thing at all (it's mostly shaders, isn't it?) -- and running the Microsoft security updates.

I think Studio itself installs a Visual Basic runtime on first installation, so it may also be that some part of Studio itself is failing silently instead/as well.

To fix Visual Basic on Windows 7, you have to install this update: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4517297

Information on getting the update for Windows 10 versions on this page at GHacks:
    - https://www.ghacks.net/2019/08/18/kb4512534-for-windows-10-version-1809-fixes-vb-bug-and-more/
    - https://www.ghacks.net/2019/08/17/first-updates-released-that-fix-the-windows-vb-bugs/

EDIT 1: I ran the visual basic patch AND reinstalled Studio 4.11 AND reinstalled the V4-G8F hair converter AND the G2-G8F clothing converter. That seems to have allowed the V4 hair converter to insert its own bones again, but Fantasy Cloth Wrap is still just getting its custom bones stripped.

EDIT 4: And please ignore all the parts about Dragon Braid that were here before. I apologize; I finally re-read all the way to the end of the hair converter manual and caught the part I missed before, about the morphs no longer working because of the bones being replaced. DUH. Patching Visual Basic and/or reinstalling Studio and/or reinstalling the hair converter did restore the bones in Dragon Braid that weren't being added previously. (Unfortunately, reinstalling the G2F converter didn't help the cloth wrap.) The rest is just me not reading carefully enough.

Again, my apologies for missing that before.

MY APOLOGIES for never seeing your post! blush  FYI, no, the scripts do not use VBA.  Daz script uses Qt.  I hope all your issues were resolved.

SaraT said:

Hi there, was there ever any solution for the fantasy cloth wrap? I'm having the exact same problem with the movement morphs not working after conversion.

Sorry, no, there has been no update.

• SaraTSaraT Posts: 58

OK, that's too bad, but thanks for the quick answer.

• foxyfoxfurriesfoxyfoxfurries Posts: 305
    edited May 2023

Hello whats up :)
    I bought this item RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female | Daz 3D and I have this outfit that I want to convert Dynamic Martial Arts Gi: Genesis 2 | Daz 3D.
    When I follow the steps I dont find in people genesis 2 female in my folder , So it also means I dont find what I want to convert , Have any idea how can I convert it? thank you ! :)

I will upload the images soon if it will help for some reason it wont upload right now

Post edited by foxyfoxfurries on

foxyfoxfurries said:

I bought this item RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female | Daz 3D and I have this outfit that I want to convert Dynamic Martial Arts Gi: Genesis 2 | Daz 3D.
    When I follow the steps I dont find in people genesis 2 female in my folder , So it also means I dont find what I want to convert , Have any idea how can I convert it? thank you ! :)

I will upload the images soon if it will help for some reason it wont upload right now

What does the log say.  It might be skipping it if the metadata is bad and saying no clothing found.  From the manual:

The Clothing Converter dialog does not show some clothing items when adding to the list. The Clothing Converter script automatically filters out all presets that do not have a content type of Follower/Wardrobe. This is by design to avoid unknown files as this script has been carefully crafted to try and convert clothing without errors as much as possible. If you are absolutely positive that a file is a clothing item, you can turn off the Check Content Type option and use the Add Files… button to add those files. If you turn this option off, any file will be added. On execution, the script will load the file, whatever it is and whatever it does. The script will still only convert items that are clothing on execution. Turning this option off is ONLY recommended if you are having trouble getting the script to recognize specific clothing files.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,309
    edited June 2023

foxyfoxfurries said:

The Dynamic Martials arts for G2F/G2M is optitex dynamic cloth, so is not even properly rigged to Genesis 2 female. There is no way this script will work on that item out of the box.

To get it to G8F one option is to add a dForce modifier and then run a timeline simulation to get from G2F to G8F (morph G8F into G2F clone at the start of the timeline and have the morph reduced to 0 by the end).

You then have to export the clothing as an obj, then reimport and finally use the transfer utility to make it G8F conforming.

Another option is to use the transfer utility to make the clothing G2F conforming and then save that as an asset. You will then be able to use this script.

I realise this is no where near as easy as just using this script, but that it not an option.

Post edited by Havos on