What 8.5 content can I actually buy and store Item's re-labeled.

petefpetef Posts: 47
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Now I've upgraded to 8.5 Im slightly overwhelmed by the actual amount of content there is, the blurb advertising C8.5 states Dyson compatibility which includes light rigs and Shaders, I would have thought with 2 totally different rendering engines that surely allowing me to use Daz Shaders wont actually work.

It would be helpful if all the actual content that is now compatible with C8.5 was re-labeled to show that its 100% ok to use, would be a big Job I imagine but also would lead to more sales.

Basic question's I imagine. :red:

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

bumped because question got lost on to page two

• petefpetef Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Thank you head wax, hoped it would have had some discussion, I defiantly think a Carrara 8.5 content compatibility label would help daz shift some extra content.

edited December 1969

petef said:
    Thank you head wax, hoped it would have had some discussion, I defiantly think a Carrara 8.5 content compatibility label would help daz shift some extra content.

pleasure

it's a good idea, yes

Also
    Daz needs to know what Carrara users spend in their store. That way Daz will support Carrara in the way that she deserves to be supported.

I'm sorry I know ' nothing' about genesis or dison etc/

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

One way of showing DAZ 3D how much content Carrara users actually "consume" is to make sure that a lot of the renders shown in the forums show Daz content, and maybe even point it out in the render description. This way Daz will see that Carrara users (and of course Bryce users) are buying Daz content as well as DS users.

I do think DAZ 3D needs reminding sometimes that we are buying content that is not neccesairly labelled as Carrara or Bryce compatible.

Hopefully it will be easier to show them this once the Galleries come back.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2013

chohole said:
    One way of showing DAZ 3D how much content Carrara users actually "consume" is to make sure that a lot of the renders shown in the forums show Daz content, and maybe even point it out in the render description. This way Daz will see that Carrara users (and of course Bryce users) are buying Daz content as well as DS users.

I do think DAZ 3D needs reminding sometimes that we are buying content that is not neccesairly labelled as Carrara or Bryce compatible.

good point chohole

I'm sure they have a little automatic data base gizmo that will give them the data should they look
    ;)

ie it would be interesting if they ran a query on carrara owners - what they spend in the store here - of course that doesn't necessarily mean t hey are Carrara users though

Off topic: I hope you got my PM re the challenge - I would hate for you to think that I didn't reply!

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited August 2013

head wax said:
    chohole said:

good point chohole

I'm sure they have a little automatic data base gizmo that will give them the data should they look
    ;)

ie it would be interesting if they ran a query on carrara owners - what they spend in the store here - of course that doesn't necessarily mean t hey are Carrara users though

Off topic: I hope you got my PM re the challenge - I would hate for you to think that I didn't reply!

Yes I did get the PM, sorry I didn't reply, things got a little hectic for a while. Maybe we can work together and come up with something like a Grand Christmas Challenge? How do other Carrara Users feel about a Head to Head challenge?

edited December 1969

Yes I did get the PM, sorry I didn't reply, things got a little hectic for a while. Maybe we can work together and come up with something like a Grand Christmas Challenge? How do other Carrara Users feel about a Head to Head challenge?

No problem. I can see it's a little hectic at the moment. :)
    I'll put it to them after this challenge ends perhaps?
    I'm sure they will be in it!

cheers

sorry to go off topic

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

However, for the Carrara content that IS out there.... when I go into the DAZ store, I would like to be able to just put Carrara into the search slot and have content come up because there is not that much that is specifically labelled. EG when I went to buy Dartanbeck's Enviro Kit, I couldn't remember the name of the product exactly and your search tool wants specifics. So I had to navigate through the left hand menu and filters to finally get it by going to the artist's name.

Please.... put a Carrara keyword in there to pick up content that is already labelled! The stuff that is there is great and it's not getting the visibility!

:) SileneUK

edited August 2013

I forgot to say that this is a very good idea, I will forward the suggestion.

Edited to add that I have done as promised and forwarded this to someone at DAZ 3D