install content

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited August 2013 in Carrara Discussion

hello!!!
I just buy C 8.5pro... with a lot of contents,to download the different items, I have the choice of:
xxxx for genesis
xxx for genesis poser cf
xxxfor genesis legacy

is it necessry to download the three?and to install the three? (I don't use the automatic downloader) I use poser 2012 , for runtime..
thank you for help!!!

Post edited by laverdet_943f1f7da1 on

Comments

• petefpetef Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

The exact question I was about to post, I'm poser pro 2010.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604
    edited August 2013

Poser CF files only work with Poser. You don't need them for Carrara or Daz Studio.

I don't think Daz Studio Legacy files will work with Carrara. You only need them for Daz Studio versions before 4.5, although they will work in later releases. Some older content is only available in legacy format. I'm sure they don't work in Poser.

The other non-legacy and non-CF files should work in Carrara 8.5 and Daz Studio 4.5 or higher.

If you have Poser and you have installed the DSON importer you can use the non-legacy and the Poser CF file to load the content into Poser. You need the main content file, the Poser CF is just an add-on that tells the DSON importer how to load it, but NOT the legacy file. You have to install the main content file into a Daz Studio Library. The Poser CF can go into any Poser Runtime that your Poser installation knows about. I think you need to tell the DSON importer where your Daz Studio Library is, but I set this up some time ago and I can't remember all the details.

P.S. I think the Poser DSON importer needs Pro 2012 or later, I don't think you can use it in Pro 2010.

Post edited by Peter Wade on