...need to recover C8.1 Pro

kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

...OK so when I installed the 8.5 beta I accidentally uninstalled 8.1 Looking though my archives I am unable to find the original installer so I just thought, go to the content Library and re-download it from there.

Well, that seems to be a bit confusing as there are two entries: Carrara 8 Pro and Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade. Now the C8 Pro page only has the standard Bitrock installers while the Upgrade page only has a "Download and Install" option (requiring the DIM). It gets even better, for when I open the DIM there is no listing for Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade, Just the Carrara Native Content and Carrara Hair Caps. Hence a bit in the dark as to which download page I should use to restore 8.1 on my workstation.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think you need to download the one that is an installer

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited December 1969

...what about the rest of the material in the bundle? Or is that all covered in the Carrara Native Content installer?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I dunno, hang on I will see if I can find someone who knows more.

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

all you need is the Carrara 8.1 (Win 64-bit) Or Carrara 8.1 (Mac 64-bit) depending on your OS and the Carrara 8 Native Content every thing else is optional extra content all of the Poser/DS items should be in your mapped runtimes content folders anyway and don't need to be installed to a Carrara folder.

if you require the 32 bit versions of the program you go in to the Carrara 8 option in the product library rather than the Carrara 8 Pro

Need-for-C8-1.jpg
    648 x 704 - 303K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited December 1969

...what about all the other content listed there?