Rendering in DAZ Studio 4.11+ & DS took 19GB space that was free???!!!

nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Rendering in DAZ Studio 4.11+ when I had about 21GB free on a 1.81TB sshd drive that I save my renders to & store all my content library to. It is an internal D: drive. DAZ Studio itself is installed on my C: but the documents folder it users is also on my D: drive.

Sometime during the render disk space free decrease from about 21GB free to only 1.97GB free. I canceled the render & exited DAZ but that didn't free up the 18GB disk space. I did change iRay render optimization from speed to memory but I don't know if that was the cause of the problem because I didn't notice disk space had almost disappeared. It was 21GB as recently as this morning.

How can I get this 19GB back! Is it maybe hidden in Windows swap to file? I've already run disk cleanup but that finds notice because it's not a file(s) under management by the Windows OS.

Thanks.

+++++

OK, I found that rebooting freed actually 39GB total so quite a massive amount...and it doesn't get freed until reboot makes me think it must be Windows swap file.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

It might be in the Temp folder for Studio. Running it in Speed puts all the Instances into memory, I don't know about images, and under Memory it keeps them on disc and runs then from there so saves memory if you don't have much.