Idris Hair for G3 Male help?

hello-

would someone have some wisdom on Idris Hair product? I am trying to get it to look like the 1st picture on the product page- all the hair back in a pony tail but it loads with this 'fringe'  bangs/sides and I can't figure out how to move that all back into the ponytail like in the picture or get rid of it.

I've tried the adjustments in the parameters tab and in shaping but no luck. There are 'tip' icons in smart content but one goes to the vendor product page and the other didnt help.

I must be missing something basic? https://www.daz3d.com/idris-hair-for-genesis-3-male-s-female-s

thanks! 

2018-09-18 (2).png
1920 x 1080 - 836K

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

I don't have the product myself, Juan, so I don't know if there is anything builtin to add or remove the bangs/fringes. However, if you simply want to use the hair without the bangs, there are some simple solutions that should work. Firstly, are the bangs a separate node of the hair under the Parameters tab? If so, you simply need to toggle visiblity by clicking on the little eye icon for that node. Failing that, I'm guessing that under the Surfaces tab, with the hair selected in the viewport, the bangs are a separate shading domain. In that case, if you are using 3Delight, you may simply make them invisible by moving the opacity slider to zero. If using Iray, things are a bit more complicated as true invisibility tends not to be a property of anything in the real, PBR world. The simplest solution in Iray may be to create a simple pure black texture map and plug it into the Cutout Opacity channel for the bangs under the surfaces tab.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,167

There should be a set of presets in Smart Content under "Styles and Poses" including Fringe Front On/Off and Fringe Side On/Off that remove those parts.

• thank you both, I didnt see the on off for the fringe but I will look again - that is what I thought would be there. I also hadn't thoght to hide it.  thanks!

• It's near the top of the "Styles and Poses" folder: "Idris 41 Fringe Front Off" and "Idris 41 Fringe Side Off."

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,487
    edited February 2019

These styles and poses absolutely do not work for me even with the hair selected. I also tried applying the dials for each o these presets and that also did not work. Ha anyone else experienced this?

OK, edited to reveal what I was doing wrong. I had autofitted the hair to Genesis 8 male and THAT seemed to disable it being able to take the presets.

Post edited by Greybro on