Soft body physics Genesis 8 Character

It is possible a plugin soft body physics for Genesis 8 like dforce?

Comments

• Not at this time, though the announcement for dForce did say cloth was the first thing it was going to do, not the only thing.

• I have a working proof of concept on this. it's a retention of mass simulator. The tech was really easy on ballon like props. So making one for gen 8 would be easy if humans were balloons, but we have all kinds of tissues under our jiggly parts. I'm shooting to have a product out by Christmas.
  • Dimorphic said:
    I have a working proof of concept on this. it's a retention of mass simulator. The tech was really easy on ballon like props. So making one for gen 8 would be easy if humans were balloons, but we have all kinds of tissues under our jiggly parts. I'm shooting to have a product out by Christmas.

Great! Have you considered the possibility of applying dforce to the breasts and thighs independently of the body? Please, let me know when your mass simulator is ready.

• Not sure what you mean by indipendantly of the body, but if you mean some parts are softer/squishyer than others, then yes. It would take me a year to make something that covered the entire body, so what I'm working on would ONLY make the breast, glutes and possibly thighs squishy. 

Right now it works fine on nude figures, but getting this to work with clothing is a BIG challenge. 

• Dimorphic said:

Not sure what you mean by indipendantly of the body, but if you mean some parts are softer/squishyer than others, then yes. It would take me a year to make something that covered the entire body, so what I'm working on would ONLY make the breast, glutes and possibly thighs squishy. 

Right now it works fine on nude figures, but getting this to work with clothing is a BIG challenge. 

Yes, I mean that some parts of the body are softer than others. The breast, glutes and thighs squishy it'd be enough. The most of the dforce clothes adapt to the body movements. Please, if you have something that covered the breast, glutes and thighs squishy and works fine on nude figures, consider the possibility of selling it here in DAZ or sharing it.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
    Crista09 said:
    Dimorphic said:

Not sure what you mean by indipendantly of the body, but if you mean some parts are softer/squishyer than others, then yes. It would take me a year to make something that covered the entire body, so what I'm working on would ONLY make the breast, glutes and possibly thighs squishy. 

Yes, I mean that some parts of the body are softer than others. The breast, glutes and thighs squishy it'd be enough. The most of the dforce clothes adapt to the body movements. Please, if you have something that covered the breast, glutes and thighs squishy and works fine on nude figures, consider the possibility of selling it here in DAZ or sharing it.

+1

sounds great, Dimorphic...really, clothing-friendly or not, any kind of softbody simulation capability would be a huge step forward for studio.

would sell like hotcakes, too, i believe.

(and it seems like dforce clothing might be able to adapt to bodyshape changes readily enough, once those were defined.  at a guess.)

good luck with the project!

j

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,915
    Dimorphic said:
    I have a working proof of concept on this. it's a retention of mass simulator. The tech was really easy on ballon like props. So making one for gen 8 would be easy if humans were balloons, but we have all kinds of tissues under our jiggly parts. I'm shooting to have a product out by Christmas.

*jams credit card on the screen*

Can't wait to see it! laugh

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    Dimorphic said:

Such simulation would have benefits on other possible things.  Membrane walls, balloons, bubbles, furniture cushions, etc.  Should be included with the product for stuff like that!

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    Dimorphic said:

Any news on this? Almost a year since this post.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,596

I would buy it also but this is alot of work for one person. That is the problem with plugins. Usually just one person working on them.

• FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611

marble said:

Any news on this? Almost a year since this post.

I'm curious as well. 

Being able to use Dforce on the Genesis 8 figure would be great. For example, if a character is super fat, their belly could bounce up and down while running.