Can you save a dForce Weight Map?

I'd love to do some weight maps for some clothing that doesn't have it currently. However, after I do the weight map, I can't find a way to save the weight map itself. I can save the garment, assuming I've actually put it on a character, but that kind of defeats the purpose I have. I'd like to just save the weight maps. I've tried saving properties, but that doesn't work either. I've looked in the Tool Settings pane, but nothing there allows for a save option.

Anyone know how to save a weight map?

Comments

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

If you created a weight map node, when you save the clothing, the node is saved with it. However, when you reload, the map is inactive. You have to select the weight map brush, then go to the Tools pane and click on Map to activate it.

• maclean said:

If you created a weight map node, when you save the clothing, the node is saved with it. However, when you reload, the map is inactive. You have to select the weight map brush, then go to the Tools pane and click on Map to activate it.

Hmm... so I have to re-activate the map? And I can't apply a weight map to a piece of clothing, I have to save the clothing as a separate item? Dang. I was hoping that any maps I did would be saveable and give them away for free to allow others to take advantage of them, but I can't give away the model of the clothing.

• I also found a problem if I don't change the clothing to weight-mapped: triax. If I leave the V4 clothing as the previous style model, dForce upchucks on it completely and makes the file useless. I just get the spinning wheel of death instead.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869

If you want to share the new weightmap you can do that by saving your item as a wearable preset. Select Genesis figure, then File -> Save As -> Wearable preset. Now select the item with the new weightmap and untick everything else and save with a preset name. The wearable preset will have the weightmap info embedded. Not sure how that would work with V4 clothing but that's how to share Genesis clothing weightmaps :)