Clothing Converter

Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
edited February 2019 in Product Suggestions

Hi,

Clothing Converter is a very efficient product, I hope more converters are planned :

• G8F to G8M
  • G3F to G8M
  • G2F to G8M
  • G2M to G8M
  • Genesis to G8M
  • M4 to G8M
  • V4 to G8M
  • A3/H3 to G8M
Post edited by Noah LGP on

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678

All to G8M?  what about to G8F?  What about from A3/H3?

• Riversoft Art and I are working on G2 to G8 right now and plan Genesis after that, if we can find an equally workable method.  I'm not sure yet if Gen 4 can be done, because I don't know yet if it's possible to automate a switch from parametric to general weights.  Gen 3 is exceedingly unlikely because at that point we're far enough back that it starts to be diminishing returns.  There was so much  more clothing for Gen 4 that there's hardly a comparison.  We haven't talked about crossgender versioning at this point.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited October 2018

SOOOOOOOO looking forward to this. :)

You guys rock. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Riversoft Art and I are working on G2 to G8 right now and plan Genesis after that, if we can find an equally workable method.  I'm not sure yet if Gen 4 can be done, because I don't know yet if it's possible to automate a switch from parametric to general weights.  Gen 3 is exceedingly unlikely because at that point we're far enough back that it starts to be diminishing returns.  There was so much  more clothing for Gen 4 that there's hardly a comparison.  We haven't talked about crossgender versioning at this point.

Crossgender would actually help a lot to expand women's wardrobe as a lot of woemn wear men's clother. A number of men wear women's clothes too but there seems to be a social stigma attached for some reason. I myself have found fewer things more comfortable than a mu-mu. :)

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

I picked up both the G2-G8 not sure if materials were supposed to be copied to folder I had created so have to get materials from old folder. \My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 8 Female\ClothingG2_G8 and \People\Genesis 8 Female\ClothingG3_G8.   Both processing seem more like interactive changes than batch. So, not sure if batch is provided. But, for me when executing on G3 lots of pauses during processing and modal dialog boxes where I had to take action like hitting OK. So, wasn't able to run thru entire folder to convert. Not sure if there are limitations. 

the items from G2 that converted 85% of them are very usable without tweaks or very minor tweaks, Still waiting to go thru G3 items.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited October 2018

G2M to G8M done !

Thank you very much !

Genesis to G8M done smiley !

edited February 2019

Michael 4 to Genesis 8 Male is here !