Why can't you accept Debit Cards?????!!!

That is my only way of payment yet you only accept credit cards and paypall! This is ridiculous!!!!! 

Comments

• Please open a Sales Support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• I just tested checking out with a debit card.  It worked fine.  If you're still having problems please open a sales support ticket and we can look into why you are having issues.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I've been using my debit card since I joined and never had any bother.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes I only have a debit card,  have never owned a credit card,   don't believe in them.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,773

Can't you open a paypal account with a debit card?

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

There are different debit cards, though.

For example, in my country some debit cards only allow purchases within country, but some debit cards allow to shop worldwide.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

I've used my visa debit card here for years without any problem.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Hylas said:

Can't you open a paypal account with a debit card?

Yes I opened a PayPal account with a debit card

• Thank you for your suggestions. I cannot open a paypall because I am under 18 but I did find a way to pay: VISA gift cards. Thank you everyone for the help.

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 744

Glad you solved the problem for now--but I believe you will encounter it again. You may not know that a card-issuing bank gets to set certain rules on how their credit and debit cards can be used. For example, because of the amount of foreign fraud, my bank only allows purchases within the U.S. But if I need to buy something online from another country, I can call my bank and ask them to "unlock" the card for a few seconds while payment goes through. I click the "buy" button, and when I get the screen that says my purchase was successful, the person at the bank locks my card back again.

So when you encounter this problem in the future, it may be useful to check with your bank first to see if they can fix it so a legitimate charge will go through.

Cheers!

• yes everytime I try and use my Visa debit card on DAZ it gets blocked and my bank messages me, I clear the transaction so OK until I try it again cheeky

bank flags anything I do overseas

I use Paypal normally

just odd things like an annual PC+ subscription needed it

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I use my debit card through the Paypal option, never any problems. Haven't had a credit card in many years. 

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

I use Paypal and I've got it taking money straight from my bank account, but Paypal wouldn't let me create the account without giving them my credit card as a backup.

I used to use my credit card online but I stopped doing it after someone got the card details and tried to spend a lot of money on it. I've no idea how they got the details but I try not to have my credit card details stored in a lot of online locations. Now I jist use the credit card for places that won't take Paypal.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I only use PayPal for some domestic purchases here in the UK and use my Debit card for all foreign purchases as I get a better exchange rate :)

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Thank you for your suggestions. I cannot open a paypall because I am under 18 but I did find a way to pay: VISA gift cards. Thank you everyone for the help.

You can also opt for a rechargeable cash card.

Another option is to use your gift cards to purchase DAZ gift cards - those are easily used for purchases, and are often offered at a discount.