OT: Does Anyone Know What Software Made This Video?

I know artists made the video, but there wasn't enough room in the subject line for all that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c1BThu95d8

It's like flat planes (2D) being moved around.  SHE'S A RAINBOW by The Rolling Stones

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

No idea. I think Flash can do stuff like that, right? *shrug* I did 2D comic book art for an advertising company a few years ago that took the 2D art and turned it into animated images like that. I'm pretty sure they used Flash.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

No idea. I think Flash can do stuff like that, right? *shrug* I did 2D comic book art for an advertising company a few years ago that took the 2D art and turned it into animated images like that. I'm pretty sure they used Flash.

That's what I thought too - but don't you need a flash player to play it?

• Well almost ANY VIDEO Software can do this video. It is just a series of frames put back together. Same as even just a DAZ movie render series. You could even do it in DS or any Art or Graphic program. 

Basically consider it stop motion animation so again pose/move items and snap/render/save a frame/picture. More about palnning to hit certain notes/timing with certain visuals but that is just planning.

SouthPark, flip books... drawing on the bottom of school text books and fliping the pages... just takes and idea and time.

• animated scrapbooking tubes Hifilm could do it too

• First guess what be After Effects.

• First guess what be After Effects.

I'm with you Cris !

After Effects

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Anime Studio, Photoshop, After Effects even GIMP can be used to do that...

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited September 2018

I hope it's after affects, considering how insecure Flash is; looking at it though, I've seen stuff like that before computers were available for such projects.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • As a movie creation platform Flash doesn't exist anymore, it was replaced by Adobe Animate which can publish to a number of platforms including HTML5 canvas, WebGL, and a couple of others including of course Flash Player, which I assume nobody does anymore.  It's a toss up whether that would be best done in After Effects or Animate.  Outputting to a Flash Player is pretty dead at this point, even at Adobe.  Photoshop could do it, it would be more of a pain there.

Thanks for your replies!  I realize that someone could do this video using paper and a pair of scissors and an 8mm movie camera to do stop-motion animation - and it would take 5,000,000 hours to do it.

I think FLASH is dead.  So I guess After Effects is what they used.  Unless there is software I'm not aware of that can do it faster and better than After Effects?

• Blender could do this also and it's free.

• SempieSempie Posts: 651
    Fauvist said:

Thanks for your replies!  I realize that someone could do this video using paper and a pair of scissors and an 8mm movie camera to do stop-motion animation - and it would take 5,000,000 hours to do it.

I think FLASH is dead.  So I guess After Effects is what they used.  Unless there is software I'm not aware of that can do it faster and better than After Effects?

Nuke, I guess.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

No, I still get websites that I visit that say I must turn flash on in my browser to view the website.

Sempie said:
    Fauvist said:

Nuke, I guess.

Whoa!!! $6,000 a year paid quarterly?  For that I could hire someone else to do the video.