Install Manager Downloads Failing

Reality1Reality1 Posts: 115

Greetings,

Recently, when I start the Install Manager que, when it's done there's a list of "Download Failed" lines. The progress bar moves for a while and then the download fails.

I haven't changed ISP's or system settings. The DAZ site and other internet is working fine. I've tried a secondary ISP and disabling real-time virus protection. There's plenty of space on the drives.

Any suggestions?

Post edited by Reality1 on

Comments

• For anyone else seeing "Download Failed"

It's possible that something was interrupting my connections somehow. I finally tried another ISP a second time and wether or not this was the problem is unclear, but I was able to download my purchases.

Both of the connections I used are wireless based, so it's possible that the protocol the Install Manager is using is not as fault tollerant as some of the other internet protocols.

• So just after I posted this I went back and it was Download Failed again. Over and over. Until there was only a small amount left to download and then the final purchase finished.

I hate to be paranoid, but it's looking a lot like  DOS attack. So heads up DAZ. Someone may be picking off your customers.

Good luck.

• aograiaograi Posts: 642

Yup same here... still though Daz trying to find out why - they just asked me for my IP address to see the problem if any

• sjrostesjroste Posts: 4

I had this issue as well. When I looked at my harddrive, it was full. I deleted some old software to make room, and then everything downloaded just fine.

Hope that helps.