Realistic Tears for G8 and G3

Janus3003Janus3003 Posts: 56

Hi, everyone. I'm having trouble with https://www.daz3d.com/realistic-tears-for-genesis-8-and-genesis-3. Every time I try to use it, it says that it can't find files such as "/Runtime/Textures/Falco/Realistic GeoShell Tears/mascara_dripping_a.png". I've been able to get the regular and bloody tears to work by manually locating the files, but I have to do it each time. I can't get the mascara tears to work at all. 

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks!

EDIT

For what it's worth, I've tried closing Daz, uninstalling and deleting the file, then downloading and reinstalling. No luck. And if it matters, I'm using DIM.

Post edited by Janus3003 on

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,262
    Janus3003 said:

Hi, everyone. I'm having trouble with https://www.daz3d.com/realistic-tears-for-genesis-8-and-genesis-3. Every time I try to use it, it says that it can't find files such as "/Runtime/Textures/Falco/Realistic GeoShell Tears/mascara_dripping_a.png". I've been able to get the regular and bloody tears to work by manually locating the files, but I have to do it each time. I can't get the mascara tears to work at all. 

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks!

EDIT

For what it's worth, I've tried closing Daz, uninstalling and deleting the file, then downloading and reinstalling. No luck. And if it matters, I'm using DIM.

Yep it is damaged... I will put in a service ticket.

• In the textures folder the files are missnamed. I had to rename the files adding the underscores, works ok for me now
  • TavTav Posts: 46
    edited September 2018

I had to rename them AND copy the folder to my manual installation path to get it to work. Quality assurance on this one is downright insulting, seems like the author didn't even try using it once. Looks good though.

EDIT: Wow, this looks so good that I forgive everything

Post edited by Tav on
  • FalcoFalco Posts: 240
    edited September 2018

Hey sorry about that guys, I still had my local files when I tested the QA version so it appeared to be working for me, but after deleting them all I'm seeing the same issue.  I'll work with QA to make sure it gets fixed up. Apologies again.  

In the meantime as someone mentioned adding underscores in the texture names should fix it temporarily.  For me they are located in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\Falco\Realistic GeoShell Tears\.  The name should look like mascara_dripping_a_disp.png.  

Post edited by Falco on
  • Thanks for the help, everyone! I feel kind of silly for not noticing the underscores.

• This has been updated and new files uploaded.  Should sync in about an hour.

Not sure if that was fixed, but another issue I had was that the install manager version referred to files in a manual installation location, so not in the "cloud" folder, but the manual install one

Do you still have an issue after trying the update? The update fixed it for me with just the underscore change.

• stgastga Posts: 19

Any thoughts on why this is occuring?  Quick demo image attached.

Steps needed to duplicate:

1. Apply "GeoShell Tears G8" (yes, model is Teen Kaylee 8, so definitely G8)
    2. Select the Geoshell
    3. Apply material "tears dripping a"

Demo.jpg
    1024 x 883 - 172K

Do you have any other geoshells on that? I had a similar result on a figure that had another geoshell active at the same time. As for if the earlier problems still occur after the update, I don't know, I'm using the verison I fixed manually before.

stga said:

2. Select the Geoshell

I don't own that character so I'm not able to test it, but I assume she uses the same uv maps so it should work.  A couple things you can try:

- If you are using additonal geoshells like taureor mentioned that could be causing it.  If you have an existing geoshell, you could apply the material to another geoshell and then save out the face material group  as an individual shader and merge it into your existing geoshell so that it only overrides the face group. (I created the materials to have textures in the face group and blank materials in all the other groups so that it would apply the material in one click, so if you want to merge them you'll need to save out just the face group as an individual shader preset so it doesn't override all of them)

- If you don't have an existing geoshell, you could try creating the geoshell from scratch to see if that fixes it, basically select your character and create a geoshell from the menu, set the offset distance to .01, and hide all the surfaces except for the face.  The apply the desired material to it. 

Let me know if that fixes it.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    stga said:

2. Select the Geoshell

This is a product for the Iray render engine. Are you rendering with the 3Delight render engine by any chance? I don't know if that could cause your problem.

barbult said:

This is a product for the Iray render engine. Are you rendering with the 3Delight render engine by any chance? I don't know if that could cause your problem.

Nope.  iRay.

taureor said:

Do you have any other geoshells on that? I had a similar result on a figure that had another geoshell active at the same time. As for if the earlier problems still occur after the update, I don't know, I'm using the verison I fixed manually before.

No - not that I can see.  Just the geoshell for tears.

I'm completely confused about this.

• I cannot use "Realistic Tears for Genesis8 and Genesis3" on DAZ Studio 4.10.0.123 Pro.

--

Scene -> Example Scene

->An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details.

->

2018-09-15 21:01:41.056 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0

2018-09-15 21:01:53.541 U:/My Works/Daz3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_55571/scenes/falco/realistic geoshell tears/example scene.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

2018-09-15 21:01:53.543 Error reading file, see log for more details.

Props -> Effects -> Apply GeoShell Tears G8 (to Genesis8 Febase Base)

->An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details.

->

2018-09-15 21:05:13.270 U:/My Works/Daz3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_55571/wearables/falco/realistic_geoshell_tears/apply geoshell tears g8.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

2018-09-15 21:05:13.275 Error reading file, see log for more details.

--

What should I do?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    You could try installing with DIM instead if Daz Connect. But uninstall with Daz Connect first. That is important, because if both are installed, DS will always use the Daz Connect version. If the DIM version works, submit a bug report to Daz. I've had to report several products because of these corrupt Daz Connect installations lately.
    stga said:
    taureor said:

Did you try manually creating the geoshell to see if it had the same issue? I will try to see if I can get access to that character to test it myself.  

• barbult said:
    You could try installing with DIM instead if Daz Connect. But uninstall with Daz Connect first. That is important, because if both are installed, DS will always use the Daz Connect version. If the DIM version works, submit a bug report to Daz. I've had to report several products because of these corrupt Daz Connect installations lately.

Thank you barbult! My problem is solved!
    I uninstalled "Realistic Tears for G8 and G3" with Smart Content, and installed with DIM.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Well, apparently it doesn't work with Studio 4.9.2.70
    The render starts, and after a couple of minutes of checkerboard, Studio crashes.
    I remove the geoshell, and it renders fine.
    Anyone have a suggestion?

barbult said:

Thank you barbult! My problem is solved!
    I uninstalled "Realistic Tears for G8 and G3" with Smart Content, and installed with DIM.

I had already installed it via DIM, but just to eliminate the possibility, I confirmed it wasn't installed by DAZ Connect (it wasnt'), went to DIM, deleted the install, deleted the download, redownloaded it and reinstalled.

No improvement.

Falco said:
    stga said:
    taureor said:

Did you try manually creating the geoshell to see if it had the same issue? I will try to see if I can get access to that character to test it myself.  

I did, same result....

But then I tried deleting Kaylee 8, and loading the default G8.  That worked (no white sections, looked good).  I then applied the Brynn character to G8.  That worked.

Hmmmm.... then I started wondering if it was affected by the facial poses.  So I reloaded the original (Kaylee 8) image.  The only facial pose applied (aside from Bend/Twist/Side-side) was "Expressive Faces - Sad 06 V8".  Removed that, rendered, issue remained.

So... this is some interaction with the Kaylee 8 character and this product.

I'm cool with that: I'll just use another figure.

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited October 2018

Please, pach & update to DAZ standards, I use DAZ connect only and the face looks always black, after I tried to browse textures manually and the face did look purple. I have even tested your scene example on your product and also looks with black face. My render settings are iray scene only and the figure looks perfect except the face. Patch this product please.

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
    edited October 2018
    EquisVoid said:

Please, pach & update to DAZ standards, I use DAZ connect only and the face looks always black, after I tried to browse textures manually and the face did look purple. I have even tested your scene example on your product and also looks with black face. My render settings are iray scene only and the figure looks perfect except the face. Patch this product please.

Daz fixed the broken links and released an update through connect.  If you get that version it should work fine with connect. If you're still having issues after getting the correct version, please submit a daz support ticket and they can help you narrow down what the problem is.  To clarify how the process works, I essentially just package up the files and send them to Daz, and they set it up to work with connect, so that is not something I have any ability to affect.  

Post edited by Falco on
  • I just bought 'Realistic Tears; for Gen 8and they are amazing. However, a couple things. When I apply it, I lose the Realistic Nipples that I had also purchased and the Gen 8 anatomy. I tried re-applying Realistic Nipples after the tears, but they still don't apply. Also, should i see thumbnails of the tears in the browser?

I just bought 'Realistic Tears; for Gen 8and they are amazing. However, a couple things. When I apply it, I lose the Realistic Nipples that I had also purchased and the Gen 8 anatomy. I tried re-applying Realistic Nipples after the tears, but they still don't apply. Also, should i see thumbnails of the tears in the browser?

First, loose the non -TOS image... edit your comment.  Second, geoshells also apply themselves to other geoshells and other figures so select each geoshells (tears ), go to Parameters > Visibility for gens and the other geoshells (the translucent white is the default shader of the geoshells on a part that has no opacity set for it). Finally, really, no nudity in the forum.

• nemesis10 said:

First, loose the non -TOS image... edit your comment.  Second, geoshells also apply themselves to other geoshells and other figures so select each geoshells (tears ), go to Parameters > Visibility for gens and the other geoshells (the translucent white is the default shader of the geoshells on a part that has no opacity set for it). Finally, really, no nudity in the forum.

Thank you for responding and oops, sorry about the image.

I'm not to greatly versed in all of this so:

<<First, loose the non -TOS image... edit your comment.>> Did TOS image have to do with the nudity? Sorry... I'm also unclear on 'edit your comment.'

What is the process that I have to do when everything turns white after I add Realisitic tears?  I beleive you say go to Parameters>Visibility.... But then I'm unclear on what to do. And do I go the the Parameters>Visibilty of tears or the other geoshells?

thank you.

nemesis10 said:

Thank you for responding and oops, sorry about the image.

I'm not to greatly versed in all of this so:

<<First, loose the non -TOS image... edit your comment.>> Did TOS image have to do with the nudity? Sorry... I'm also unclear on 'edit your comment.'

What is the process that I have to do when everything turns white after I add Realisitic tears?  I beleive you say go to Parameters>Visibility.... But then I'm unclear on what to do. And do I go the the Parameters>Visibilty of tears or the other geoshells?

thank you.

The first part is I wanted you to to edit the nudity out of your comment which you did; that is very much against the rules.  The second part is 1) there are two tabs you have to deal with: the scene tab that lists all of the assets in your scene and the parameter tab which deals with their attributes, 2) geoshells have to be told not to interact with other figures so if you create a geoshell of makeup for a character's face and don't create any material settings for gens, when you applied makeup geoshell to a character with gens, the gens will appear white as the geoshell covers them with its default shader, and 3) go to your scene tab, select the tears geoshell, go to the parameter tab and at it's bottom, go to visibility and click off the visibility of all the parts that are white.

• Thank you, Nemisis!

• Nemisis, that worked! I had submitted this problem twice to DAZ and the couldn't rectify the problem - so thank you. Next question, should I see thumbnails of the tears here or are simple icons correct?

tears.jpg
    562 x 669 - 195K

Nemisis, that worked! I had submitted this problem twice to DAZ and the couldn't rectify the problem - so thank you. Next question, should I see thumbnails of the tears here or are simple icons correct?

It just has simple icons...