Daz now crashing when applying G3 clothing to G8

BradmcBradmc Posts: 35
edited September 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi

As of this morning I cannot apply Gen 3 clothing to Gen 8 models. My usual process is to de-select everything, click on item to add to scene, right click in scene tab and select "fit to" then "Gen 3 female" for compatibility and now it always crashes at 22%. Before I would get slight lag at 72% but daz would always correct it after a couple seconds. I have tried multiple clothing pieces I have used in the pass and even tried loading a fresh scene with a gen 8 base model. Nothing seems to work

Edit: I have discovered that if I search for items in the alphabetical content tab and load the items with the character selected it works the way it used to but when selecting items from smart content it crashes.

Thanks

Post edited by Bradmc on

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

if you used to be able to do it, then what has changed?

I'd guess your edit tells you what has changed; 'smart' content has changed.

• nicstt said:

if you used to be able to do it, then what has changed?

I'd guess your edit tells you what has changed; 'smart' content has changed.

I am not sure what changed. I havent updated anything. I did update my nvidia drivers after the issue first started but that didn't fix it. Loading from content folders does seem to work, and I suspect that the issue is happening because with the smart content method the clothing is already preloaded into the scene before fitting to the character. 

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited September 2018

before apply G3 clothes on G8

insert clothes in scene (no character selected) select the clothes and via menu use, edit > Figure >  "Scene identification" 
    change the compatibility from G3 femele to G8 femele then 'FIT TO'

notes:
    if more than one pieces of clothes,  it need to use the scene identification on all separate clothes

Post edited by cm152335 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Trouble shooting is always tough; so often the problem is not the problem, but merely a symptom.

Try checking the log file; first off find and and either delete it or open it, clear the file and save it. Then try the steps that produce the error. The log might help identify the issue. Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

• nicstt said:

Trouble shooting is always tough; so often the problem is not the problem, but merely a symptom.

Try checking the log file; first off find and and either delete it or open it, clear the file and save it. Then try the steps that produce the error. The log might help identify the issue. Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

log is incomplete when crash !

• cm152335 said:

before apply G3 clothes on G8

insert clothes in scene (no character selected) select the clothes and via menu use, edit > Figure >  "Scene identification" 
    change the compatibility from G3 femele to G8 femele then 'FIT TO'

notes:
    if more than one pieces of clothes,  it need to use the scene identification on all separate clothes

Cool, I'll try that when I get home.

Thanks