The Sentinel

As part of the sales up right now, I bought the Sentinel. I was hesitant to buy it because of concerns over compatibility with other figures, but took the risk since DAZ has a good return policy.  After testing, I'm quite pleased with it.

Poses for G2 and G1 work on it, pretty close to the pose of the human figures.

Clothing will autofit, but needs to include an 'expand-all' morph or it's too close to the frame of the mech, resulting in more poke-thru than not.  G2 and before tops seem to be ok, but G3 and up fail to track the arms.  Shorts and skirts of any generation seem to be fine, but anything that gets down to knee-level will start to fail, as the expected shin bone goes far behind the leg.  Footware is right out.

If something along mentioning that could be added to the product description, people would probably be more confident in it and there'd be more sales.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688

Way cool.  I would get it but it is not on sale.  Wait it says it is purchased which might mean it is accessible via DIM.  Now I need to play with it.

• It's currently in the "Buy any Debut New Release and get 70% off robots & cyborgs" part of the sale.

• Wow this is an old one, me and mestophales did years a go. Didn't think people would be still buying it.

• I was comparing it and some of his other products to make some power armor for a character.  Probably going to use the BEO2K10, but was testing out this and the more recent but less intricate Heavy Powersuit.  Even if I go that route, I think these make good mooks for her to fight.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited February 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,781

It was an instant purchase, during the recent sale.

Good to know about the poses and the other details - thanks.

• thistledownsnamethistledownsname Posts: 1,318
    edited September 2018

Got to comparing the Heavy Powersuit, and was less impressed.  Clothes do not fit to it, and it only sort-of takes poses.  The way the joints are set up has severely limited range of motion - sure I could probably turn off limits, but the limits make sense on it - it's a big bulky frame.  It also seems rather top-heavy.

Which is sad, because I really liked the opening-cockpit feature.

edit: On the plus side, it's got a LOT of material zones.

Post edited by thistledownsname on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

Wow this is an old one, me and mestophales did years a go. Didn't think people would be still buying it.

Anyone know if it plays well with m4 poses?