[Released] The Metropolitan Pool is open for guests, maybe ghosts too.

AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
edited September 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

I read in a post the other day someone comment on there being to many pools, I hope that there’s room for one more. I was going for that sort of place that has stepped out of time and still exists as it was because no one knows it’s there.

And a dash of the Shinning, you know, all work no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Yes the duck is included, to lighten the mood. But if the lighting is just right he can be creepy has Hell! 

https://www.daz3d.com/metropolitan-club-swimming-pool

Rubber Duck.jpg
1099 x 657 - 437K
Post edited by AntMan on

Comments

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

I picked this up earlier tonight, just has a Ghhostbusters kind of vibe to it. ;p

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Like I said over in the Commons thread. It's an absolutely gorgeous BeauxArtes-era indoor pool. The room reminds me of the LA Athletic Club -- not identical by any means, but very much the same period (1913). And the extra pillar looks all kinds of useful for rolling one's own.

Only... the pool is chopped up by divisions and barriers. You couldn't swim a lap in it. So it isn't precisely a "swimming" pool. It really does put me in mind of those 19th century "orientalism" paintings of a lot of pretty women at the hamam lolling about, tastefully posed.

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

Thanks!

JODel you can remove the divider, use the Zscale on the water (because there is a break there for more ease of use), and set the Normal map to tile and your set. But yes I agree. I made a buch of props for this one that I think could come in handy, and the column just seemed like something I would want myself so...

edited September 2018

Ghost Busters made me wonder what a fog camera would look like. This is no lights but the regular preview in 3DL with the "let it snow" DSHaze camera. Rendered in about 20 sec. Absolutely no post work done. I just wanted folks to know You don't have to use Iray to render the set. It looks great in iray but pretty cool in 3DL too.

fogcam.png
    1380 x 701 - 1M
    Post edited by AntMan on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

That's even better.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

You did a great job! I hope we will see more large scale interior sets from you.

It's been OK thanks. Great feed back from folks that have picked it up and I had fun making it. Coming from a odd ball robot guy, I think they may be skeptical that I could make something like this. It's like what's my Barber doing working at the Bookstore? I would do the entire building / hotel if it was up to me. : ) Maybe something like the Bradbury Building in Cal. 

• Will be picking this one up as well.  I don't need any more, but this is different enough and has enough very useful props (not a single other pool I own has towels, by the way lol).  And I too, really like the pillar.

HA, no towels. That's funny I thought I didn't do enough towel options. I was going to do one dropped to the floor but I thought the attendant would grab that up in a snap!!!

And Thanks. I wanted to add as many handy Props as I could and It hit me that the columns would be handy to have, heck that's why I made the silly rubber duck.