Advanced Ambient, Spot & Distant Lights [Commercial]

Comments

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

Messing around this morning with AoA lights and shaders. Came up with this. :)

Eastern_Dragon.jpg
    840 x 600 - 188K
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Hey thanks for the reply, I did manage to work around it by turning off cast shadows in the leaves properties. I haven't used any other lights since you made these available. Really love them I have Reality 2 and 3 but prefer your lights no messing with materials except to change diffuse to 99%. ect.

The Leaves dont look too bad with no shadow.

look forward to the update. :)

Steve.

That is a superb render, you'd never know it was done in DS. It looks like AoA is turning DS into a serious contender with all these innovations.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    One ASL shining through the window, one AAL as a fill light inside the room.
    "Jamila"

Such a neat effect,

These lights really are great. Below is a 3D scan I downloaded and put into DS. He's standing in Inane Glory's Photo Studio and I lit the scene with a set by Lantios but I replaced the UE light with the AAL.

CHEERS!

Jamie_AAL_Test_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 217K
    edited December 1969

Messing around this morning with AoA lights and shaders. Came up with this. :)

That is superb, you'd swear it was done in something like 3DS Max.

CHEERS!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

This was done using only AoA lights. 7 AALs and 4 spots

164_-_Zombies_Only1.jpg
    1280 x 853 - 353K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Here's an unretouched render using a combination of Advanced Spot, Advanced Ambient, and fog camera from Atmospheric Effects Cameras.

I uploaded my scene file to the gallery for anybody interested in the settings I used... http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/7975/

Racer.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Here's an unretouched render using a combination of Advanced Spot, Advanced Ambient, and fog camera from Atmospheric Effects Cameras.

I uploaded my scene file to the gallery for anybody interested in the settings I used... http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/7975/

I wished the galleries were working for me - it looks wonderful!

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

i like the Setting
    the compostion
    the atmosphere
    the colorplay
    nicely done Jabba

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

...nice work.
    edited December 1969

Yeah,

Superb renders Matty and Jabba, you're really selling these lights!

CHEERS!

• 3dTox3dTox Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

I posted a few renders in my gallery using these lights. My Gallery
    There is no post work on these renders to show how easy it is to get decent results

edited December 1969

Great looking renders!

CHEERS!

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

Girl:
    1 AAL, 1AAS, AoASSS shader on skin tweaked with DT SSS Toolbox and hand tweaks, DT EYEris shader, Garibaldi hair, no postwork.

Dragon:
    1 (barely there) AAL, 1 AAS, AoA Gummy shader, no postwork.

BlueDragon.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 133K
    AASSSTest.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 351K
    edited December 1969

Yeah, very nice.

CHEERS!

• Sam_osloSam_oslo Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

That's a really nice scene, but the light-work makes it great. Generally, the light is one the most important components of a scene, one may argue its 80% of the artwork.

I have purchased the AOA light bundle after watching your YouTube tutorial about it. I'm still trying to learn it's tricks but it has been a good investment so far.

BTW, my Animate Lite is gone totally. I can't find it in Window -> Panel (Tabs), and it's not listen in my Plugins list either. Anybody knows how to get it back?

• DavageDavage Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Escape!

Used 4 of the spotlights in this scene.

Rangersigned.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Sam_oslo said:

BTW, my Animate Lite is gone totally. I can't find it in Window -> Panel (Tabs), and it's not listen in my Plugins list either. Anybody knows how to get it back?

Is Animate 2 listed as a paid one ie with an X'd out box for the serial no? If it is you could try uninstalling it, if you can find it listed, and then see what your list looks like then. Everyone was talking about a lite version of the dynamic clothing and I had to uninstall the semi paid version before I got it.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Davage003 said:
    Escape!

Used 4 of the spotlights in this scene.

That is superb!

Hats off to AoA, these lights clearly ROCK!!

CHEERS!

• Sam_osloSam_oslo Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Sam_oslo said:

Is Animate 2 listed as a paid one ie with an X'd out box for the serial no? If it is you could try uninstalling it, if you can find it listed, and then see what your list looks like then. Everyone was talking about a lite version of the dynamic clothing and I had to uninstall the semi paid version before I got it.

CHEERS!

Thx for replay :)
    I couldn't uninstalled the Animate 2, I don't know where I can do so. I have disabled it in Plugin list, but the problem still remains.

• Age of ArmourAge of Armour Posts: 437
    edited December 1969

Great renders everyone! Keep them coming :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited November 2013

...1 AAL for a skylight, 1 Distant light for the Sun.

Yup, reminds me of good ol' LDP but without over 32 separate lights to render and 16 shadow maps to process.

Leela_and_Momma.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 983K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Sam_oslo said:

Thx for replay :)
    I couldn't uninstalled the Animate 2, I don't know where I can do so. I have disabled it in Plugin list, but the problem still remains.

Yeah, you're right, I couldn't see an uninstaller for it either, and it wasn't listed under Control Panel. It looks to me like you have to buy the full product for $59.95, that was the only reference to it I could find.

CHEERS!

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited November 2013

hello Age of Armour
    i received your mail
    so i did some Research with the weird shadoweffect
    now see the the result in the same Szene
    just replaced the Gen2F figure with a new one
    face Skin is V5 Leah as before
    no Change in the lightsettings

aal_test_05ct_.jpg
    1832 x 1030 - 1M
    aal_test_03.jpg
    1832 x 1030 - 1M
    Post edited by Ruphuss on
    edited December 1969

Uncle Harpert and his troupe on break at the circus. Not finished yet but thought I would share...... :)

1 AoA ambient
    1 AoA spotlight

harpert2.jpg
    600 x 840 - 371K
  • DavageDavage Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

To the rescue!

3 spotlights and an ambient light used.

rescue.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited December 1969

These are great, you used to be able to tell a DS render a mile off, you can't now though!

CHEERS!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I did this render with just one advanced ambient light and the only thing I changed was hitmode to primitive. I get theses dark lines under the eyes and along the forehead, what can I adjust to get rid of these? the character is Josie with lisa texture and makeup.

josie_headshot.jpg
    900 x 900 - 502K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

You could maybe try flagging skin to render with shader hitmode.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    You could maybe try flagging skin to render with shader hitmode.

I have tried with both hitmode and primitive but same results maybe not quite as dark with hitmode. Does it make a difference with ambient light if the character usesDS ubersurface material preset?

edited November 2013

Two work arounds were mentioned earlier in this thread but I don't remember where they are. I do the second one which is to attach a white image (100 x 100 should be fine) to the face and head opacity strength. Leave it at 100 percent. Then the eye shadow and also, I believe, some of the weird shadows from hair will go away. It will look funny but render just fine. Hope this helps.

Post edited by Muon Quark on