Accurately Modeled Animals

Daz Dog 8 https://www.daz3d.com/daz-dog-8 is more accurately modeled than the Millennium Dog, matching the anatomy of real-life dogs. There needs to be other animals like big cats that need to be modeled the same way, similar to how they're modeled for vfx in movies like Life of Pi, The Jungle Book (2016), and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. Here's a breakdown video for the latter featuring breakdowns of an elephant and jaguars. 

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2018

HERE! HERE! I agree! :)

I would especially love a housecat with various and asundry morphs and texture maps to pull off different breeds. You could make an Abyssinian, a Siamese, a Persian, a Burmese, and Egyptian Mau, a Devon Rex, a black cat, a kitten morph, a grinning Cheshire cat, and alien lizard cat, a dragon cat, a .... well, the ideas are endless, nearly. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Also cattle and cows are needed. That Bull ion the store, while great for his day, doesn't belong in modern Iray renders.

• RKane_1 said:

HERE! HERE! I agree! :)

I would especially love a housecat with various and asundry morphs and texture maps to pull off different breeds. You could make an Abyssinian, a Siamese, a Persian, a Burmese, and Egyptian Mau, a Devon Rex, a black cat, a kitten morph, a grinning Cheshire cat, and alien lizard cat, a dragon cat, a .... well, the ideas are endless, nearly. :)

Yes, a housecat.  With poses.  And props.  Aniblocks, too.  I would think that the popularity of YouTube cat videos would be an indication that this would be a very popular product line.

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 353
    edited September 2018
    Hivewire3d animals are very nice. And the HW3d Housecat has an aniblocks pack available. I kinda get the feeling aside from Alessandro M's beasties, daz3d does'nt really concern itself with realistic animals anymore.
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on