Fenric is no longer a DAZ vendor

So, it would seem that I have been dropped from DAZ's roster. This is no great suprirse as it has been several years since I last submitted anything and DAZ has always had a policy of "pruning" unproductive people (honestly, it is more surprising that they kept me this long).

I think I have the submission files from all of the products, so I'll try to find a new home. Unfortunately, YUR Digital folded, and there's no way I'd last at Rendo - they're even more aggressive with their whole "clearance" thing... I don't know. 

Comments

• broken heart we have missed you on the Carrara forum too. hope all is well in whatever your pursuits are now. heart

• Sorry to hear, Fenric.  Thanks for sponsoring the recent Noir Challenge.  If you find a home, please let us know!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

crying

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Your plugins are incredibly useful. I hope you can find a home.

• JamyJamy Posts: 192

Merci pour l'aide que tu nous as apporté avec tes supers plugins Fenric :-)

—////////—////////—////////—////////—////////—////////—////////—////////—////////—////////—

Thank you for the help you provided us with your great Fenric plugins :-)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801

maybe try Hivewire3d.. they don't have a Carrara section so maybe the ex Carrara PA's could fill a void there cool

seems silly that Daz3d still sells Carrara but hasn't kept the usefull addons for it.. new users are missing out.

or what about Carrara Cafe.. or even ShareCG which has a shop setup now.

Carrara isn't Carrara without a Fenric plugin!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,695
    edited September 2018

Just checked my Carrara shaders and it looks like Holyforest has joined Fenric.....

Always use your goodies in Carrara Fenric, hope you keep them alive !!!!!

Would be nice if the DAZ3D bean-counters had a look at what is needed for the software support before they removed the items.

Edit - can not find any of mmoir items either - looks like another one.

Edit 2 - Sadot (Thailand SPA) and 3DLust (Sirius Labs) are also Missing-In-Action.....

Edit 3 - Larsen Habsburgic Castle & Red Sands Temple

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

I hope that Fenric and the others can find a new home. HiveWire is good.. I just find their site very slow. It takes ages to get things into your cart, but I like the points you can earn, etc.  

Fenric, your plugins are my life-line to getting things done. Thank you for producing such useful and fun plugins!   

heart  Silene

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017

Bummer.

DAZ does not understand that they are hurting their sales of Carrara.

Hope to see the plugins elsewhere soon.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Bad news.  I use Fenric plugins routinely for short animations, e.g. its by far the easiest way to get rid of all the shininess that the Poser importer generates.

mann buffalo chips 

carrara needs the plugin for  leg/arm symmetry swap

if carrara really is dead, no way ds is my carrara eplacement

Mistara said:

mann buffalo chips 

Hello Misty, I hope Fenric makes his goodies available elsewhere as they are essentials for Carrara as far as I am concerned crying. Would also like to see Tim Payne's & mmoir's goodies available elsewhere along with the others that have been removed. Always love looking at their work and seeing how they went about their scenes - a good way to learn how to use Carrara, hope you keep supporting Carrara as well heartheartheart

• Would Gumroad be a good fit?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Hey Fenric - gah gah gah gah.

And gah!

Your plugins make Carrara shine. Please keep them available to us somehow.

There is a pretty strong PM system we have acces to. Just let us know. 

Sorry King John - havent heard of Gum Road - yet ;)

Bunyip02 said:
    Mistara said:

mann buffalo chips 

Hello Misty, I hope Fenric makes his goodies available elsewhere as they are essentials for Carrara as far as I am concerned crying. Would also like to see Tim Payne's & mmoir's goodies available elsewhere along with the others that have been removed. Always love looking at their work and seeing how they went about their scenes - a good way to learn how to use Carrara, hope you keep supporting Carrara as well heartheartheart

mmoir gone too?  the mystic gorge?  

was these gorgeous sets drew me to carrara in the 1st place

yeah, i'll be using carrara a long while yet

but losing these assets to carrara content makes me wanna throw up
    and i already took zophram today, supposed to steady the vomitting

how are we suppposed to bring new creative artists to carrara now?

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Gumroad or Patreon are 2 options that should work for Carrara fans. Google them and look around.
  • I was going to buy Fenric's "Carrara Doctor" but I felt it was priced way too high, and my income these days is very low. I saw it on sale one day for 13 dollars, down from it's 40 dollar base price, but when I tried to order it nothing happened. That was the first time I ever had trouble with ordering a store item.

• 3drendero said:

Bummer.

DAZ does not understand that they are hurting their sales of Carrara.

Hope to see the plugins elsewhere soon.

Carrara last update is over 5 years old now and daz support said recently that "Carrara is not currently under active development, for any platform". Plus not natively compatible with the last two generations of characters.

I don't think they care much about the sales of Carrara now.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

UGH!

Nuff said

• Maybe we can start an "Iron Lung" model Challenge, or in a peaceful protest build a gigantic paper mache model of an Iron Lung and park it in front of Daz Studio Headqurters in Utah with a big signed petition on it from all the Daz store paying members who want an upgraded Carrara.

• Luckily I'd already bought most of your plugins. I buy from Hivewire and there are at least another 3 stores selling poser and daz stuff and allow others to sell. I can't link them on here though. Thanks for your excellent plugins.

• OMG! Inagoni first, now Fenric!! This is the doom of Carrara? :( 

namtar3d said:

OMG! Inagoni first, now Fenric!! This is the doom of Carrara? :( 

no

head wax said:
    namtar3d said:

no

I plan to use Carrara as long as I can for, it does all of the things that I want to do, other software such as Bryce, Silo, DAZ Studio, Poser, Blacksmith3D I use as plugins for Carrara.

Bunyip02 said:
    head wax said:
    namtar3d said:

no

I plan to use Carrara as long as I can for, it does all of the things that I want to do, other software such as Bryce, Silo, DAZ Studio, Poser, Blacksmith3D I use as plugins for Carrara.

We are the Knights of Crrara. Doom dare not approach!

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382
    Bunyip02 said:
    head wax said:
    namtar3d said:

no

We are the Knights of Crrara. Doom dare not approach!

Agree! yes

yes  thumbs up too

Anyone polished their lblades lately?

the carrara cullings making me sick to my stomach.
    took zofran but is not helping

speaking of...anyone knw hw to reach inagoni?