Deep Texture Editor

Hi Guys,

Getting back into Bryce again the previous couple of times I always hit a brick wall when it came to the Deep Texture Editor, and yes I know I can sit here and play with it for hours maybe days trying everything writing it down and the results to eventually learn it to get the result I am after, I am not a fan of Parrot fashion learning ( click this and this and this will happen) I like to know that when I click something what ir does and what the result would be.

So, my question is: Is there any documentation, or specific vidoes, and tutorials on the D T E, my main curiosity is in the D T E is the "Filter" menu, what the selections do etc. ?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

 

Thanks in advance  

Comments

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 28,490
    edited September 8

    Check David Brinnen's you tube list of videos.   He is the "King"  of the DTE,  His video tuts are listed at the top of the forum in the sticky thread of tutorials.

    Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 5,952

    shaykall - Chohole is right about David Brinnen is thre DTE guru and there are many videos on YouTube. On the Bryce 7 Mentoring DVD there are 17 videos with a total length of 4 hours by David. I compiled the information in the videos and wrote a 84 page PDF (23 MB). Daz intended to add it to the Bryce Documentation but never finished it. Daz then gave me the permission to host this documenz on my website (Documents > Mine > Material > DTE. Here's the direct link to this 23 MB PDF: https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/DTE.pdf

  • shaykallshaykall Posts: 104
    edited September 9
    Horo said:

    shaykall - Chohole is right about David Brinnen is thre DTE guru and there are many videos on YouTube. On the Bryce 7 Mentoring DVD there are 17 videos with a total length of 4 hours by David. I compiled the information in the videos and wrote a 84 page PDF (23 MB). Daz intended to add it to the Bryce Documentation but never finished it. Daz then gave me the permission to host this documenz on my website (Documents > Mine > Material > DTE. Here's the direct link to this 23 MB PDF: https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/DTE.pdf

    Hi Horo and Chohole,

    Thanks for the replies, I have gone to Youtube and subscribed to David's channel, and am looking at some video's now.

    I have downloaded the PDF that Horo put together and it looks very much what I was after, an explanation of the DTE and the filters etc therein.

    Here I mean the utmost respect, but, am I right in assuming that there are no actual specific video tutorials dedicated to the DTE alone, just tutorials where the DTE is used ?

      I looked at the info on the Bryce 7 Mentoring DVD, but unfortunately the price is way out of my range, I am financially struggling at the moment. 

     As I am getting back into Bryce I will start looking at the tutorials wherever they are.

    Thanks again guys

     

    Post edited by shaykall on
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 178

    What help give me a better understanding of the DTE was Kai's Krause Power Tools mostly KPT5 and the blending modes in Photoshop. David videos are great., sometime I have to back them up, and watch parts over because he's so efficient I find it hard to keep up at times.

     

  • HoroHoro Posts: 5,952

    shaykall - I'm not sure what you mean with "specific video tutorials dedicated to the DTE alone". At page 80 if the PDF are the links to 17 specific videos on Vimeo.

  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 944
    shaykall said:
    Horo said:

    shaykall - Chohole is right about David Brinnen is thre DTE guru and there are many videos on YouTube. On the Bryce 7 Mentoring DVD there are 17 videos with a total length of 4 hours by David. I compiled the information in the videos and wrote a 84 page PDF (23 MB). Daz intended to add it to the Bryce Documentation but never finished it. Daz then gave me the permission to host this documenz on my website (Documents > Mine > Material > DTE. Here's the direct link to this 23 MB PDF: https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/DTE.pdf

    Hi Horo and Chohole,

    Thanks for the replies, I have gone to Youtube and subscribed to David's channel, and am looking at some video's now.

    I have downloaded the PDF that Horo put together and it looks very much what I was after, an explanation of the DTE and the filters etc therein.

    Here I mean the utmost respect, but, am I right in assuming that there are no actual specific video tutorials dedicated to the DTE alone, just tutorials where the DTE is used ?

      I looked at the info on the Bryce 7 Mentoring DVD, but unfortunately the price is way out of my range, I am financially struggling at the moment. 

     As I am getting back into Bryce I will start looking at the tutorials wherever they are.

    Thanks again guys

    Dave Brinnen has some good sample sets - made up of sample scenes that show the results of the various settings in the DAZ store:

      https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-pro-dte-examples-filters

      https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-pro-dte-examples-noise

    I believe they're sample scene files that you can use to dissect the videos that are mentioned in the product pages.

    Massive PA and product culling going on this month. Get'm while you can.

    --ms

     

  • shaykallshaykall Posts: 104
    edited September 11
    mindsong said:
    shaykall said:
    Horo said:

    shaykall - Chohole is right about David Brinnen is thre DTE guru and there are many videos on YouTube. On the Bryce 7 Mentoring DVD there are 17 videos with a total length of 4 hours by David. I compiled the information in the videos and wrote a 84 page PDF (23 MB). Daz intended to add it to the Bryce Documentation but never finished it. Daz then gave me the permission to host this documenz on my website (Documents > Mine > Material > DTE. Here's the direct link to this 23 MB PDF: https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/DTE.pdf

    Hi Horo and Chohole,

    Thanks for the replies, I have gone to Youtube and subscribed to David's channel, and am looking at some video's now.

    I have downloaded the PDF that Horo put together and it looks very much what I was after, an explanation of the DTE and the filters etc therein.

    Here I mean the utmost respect, but, am I right in assuming that there are no actual specific video tutorials dedicated to the DTE alone, just tutorials where the DTE is used ?

      I looked at the info on the Bryce 7 Mentoring DVD, but unfortunately the price is way out of my range, I am financially struggling at the moment. 

     As I am getting back into Bryce I will start looking at the tutorials wherever they are.

    Thanks again guys

    Dave Brinnen has some good sample sets - made up of sample scenes that show the results of the various settings in the DAZ store:

      https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-pro-dte-examples-filters

      https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-pro-dte-examples-noise

    I believe they're sample scene files that you can use to dissect the videos that are mentioned in the product pages.

    Massive PA and product culling going on this month. Get'm while you can.

    --ms

     

    Hi guys, thanks for the replies, I found the videos, have bookmarked them they look like what I was after, I am off to get the examples.

     

    OK guys I have a small hiccup, I purchased the examples from the DAZ site, both the DTE Examples - Filters  and  the DTE Examples - Noise.

      I installed the "Filters" set first using the DAZ Install Manager with no problems opened Bryce and found the examples, but the Noise filters wasn't there, I went back to the Install Manager and it tells me they are ready to download and install, I click on download - it starts to download - gets to about 60% then stops and I get a "Download Failed !" message even though I had no issue with the Filters examples.

      I have tried 2 or 3 times, closed Install Manager down and it still keeps failing.

    What am I doing wrong ?

    Also I manually downloaded both lots of examples as well, Question, I can't seem to find an "Install" button to install them manually.

     

    How would I do that ?

     

    Sorry and thanks for any and all help

    Philip

     

    Post edited by shaykall on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 5,952

    shaykall - the install manager (DIM) is not the best choice to get content for Bryce. Download the zip file and save it to a temporary folder. Then unpack it with keeping the folder structure and copy the files to he appropriate folder. This PDF https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf may help you. It shows where Bryce content belongs.

  • shaykallshaykall Posts: 104
    Horo said:

    shaykall - the install manager (DIM) is not the best choice to get content for Bryce. Download the zip file and save it to a temporary folder. Then unpack it with keeping the folder structure and copy the files to he appropriate folder. This PDF https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf may help you. It shows where Bryce content belongs.

    Thanks Horo, there in and I managed to open them, now onto the learning curve :)

     

    Thanks again

Sign In or Register to comment.