The one thing I wish would change in DS

Hi everyone. I don't mean this as comdemning DS, after all it is free and an ever improving software.. but.. I wish they wouldn't have so many help boxes all over the place. At times they are so much they block the application you are wanting to use, and create a lot of clutter. It would be better putting all the help stuff in drop down menus.. but hey that's just me :o)

Comments

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Well, if you really want to, you can get rid of the 'What do I do?' in panes by putting an exclamation mark in front of the 'guide pages' folder - like so '!guide pages'. You should find it in Program Files\DAZ 3D\Studio4\resources On restart, DS will no longer display it.

If anything goes wrong, just undo the name change.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,703
    edited September 2018

The What Do I Do bits are placeholders - they aren't blocking anything since it there was anything for that pane to do it would be populated with the relevant items/controls. If there's a pane you don't need at all close it - you can always bring it back later (Window>Panes(Tabs)). Also, if one of the dock areas is full of currently inactive/unwanted panes you can click the tab on one of the panes that's at the front to collapse the whole column down to a line of tabs, freeing up most of the space without fully closing them.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Thanks maclain, will try that :o) I perhaps mean more that they distract, Richard. They do block at times, but probably because I have my resolution is set lower as in 1024x768.. Seems the higher I set the res, the harder the text is to read..