Male anatomical elements Color

tristanthorne1997tristanthorne1997 Posts: 241
edited September 2018 in New Users

It has been a long time since I created a male character using his anatomical elements. Can someone please remind me how to make the G8M genitalia color match the skin of the character i am loading it on? It defaults to a white marble color. 

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

Find the Material settings for the Genitalia in the product you are using and apply them.

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

As evilded777 says, the trick is that you have to re-apply the figure's materials AFTER you've added the "elements."  Some figures have dedicated materials for that that you apply individually and directly to the parts.  Others have an "All Materials" setting which, when applied to the base figure itself, will apply the "elements" materials at the same time.

• Thanks to both of you, I appreciate it.

• Dredging up this old post of mine for a follow up question.....If a G8M character doesn't come with maps for the genitals, what's the best way to match the color?

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 467

I would try to find a character you own that has them in a similar or slightly lighter skin tone and then adjust the surface settings to get it to match as closely as possible.
    Elli

• Elli, I am getting close by selecting a character with slightly lighter skin tone. But which surface settings would you suggest I tweak to get a good match?

I'd fiddle with the diffuse color first then adjust the specular and translucency as needed wink

• Elliandra said:

I'd fiddle with the diffuse color first then adjust the specular and translucency as needed wink

Awesome, will do. Thanks for the advice!

Np let me know if it works for you!

• Elli - The character I am trying to match to (let's call him Bob) doesn't have a genital map. But the character I am trying to use as the closest color (Joe) does have a genital map.

I'm not seeing how I can edit the color of Joe. It's fixed at 1.0 1.0 1.0.

Any help? This is what my life has become under quarantine: seeking help on matching penis colors.

Peckers.JPG
    659 x 606 - 73K

Hmm ok here's what I do when trying to match different character maps:

1. Apply the anatomical elements maps you want to have as your final maps.
    2. Go into the surface tab and make sure you know what the path to the maps is (Runtime/Textures/PA Name/Character Name etc.)
    3. In the scene tab select the base figure AND the anatomical elements
    4. Go into the Surfaces Tab now and select the Torso on the Base figure and right click on it and select "Copy Selected Surface(s)"
    5. Then go to the anatomical elements mat zones in the surface tab and select all the mat zones in them and right click and "Paste to Selected Surface(s)"
    6. Here's where needing the texture map locations is vital if they have fallen off the dropdown listing in the surface tab!
          With all the mat zones for the anatomical elements still selected scroll to the top of the surface settings for the mat zones and start swapping in the corresponding maps.
          So you would swap out the torso maps with the same version of the anatomical elements maps so Diffuse for Diffuse, Specular, Bump, Translucency etc.
          "Save As/Hierarchical Material Preset" and make sure Bob and his elements are selected in the pop up window so you can revert back if you decide you don't like how the mats are looking and make sure to do this often once you start getting in the correct direction you want to go with the look of the render. Make sure you increment the save file numbers just in case!
    7. Once you have all the maps swapped out do a quick render to see how they match up using the maps with the new surface settings.
          Since "Bob" has some diffuse coloring applied to him you can adjust that color lighter or darker as needed and the same with any of the other settings.
          Sometimes you will find that Bob may have more maps than Joe does, usually normal maps and this can affect the look of the render. Another thing to watch for is how strong the bump and specular maps are since not all PA's use the same greyscale amount when creating them you may need to raise or lower the strength settings on them.

That should hopefully get you started in the right direction! Holler back here if you still need help! You can always let me know character names you are using and if I have them I can take a look!
    Elli