Skeleton with more bones

MacislavMacislav Posts: 126
edited September 2018 in Product Suggestions

Hi,

we all know that Daz Characters don't work well with Unreal Engine 4/Unity, because those Engines don't support Dual Quaternion Skinning natively

and Dual Quaternion Skinning has its own problems as well, since you need many Morphing Targets for keeping good looking animations/poses.

And I'm imagining that Morphing Targets cause difficulties, if you want to have multi layered clothing (it's important for the immersion to have a char with multiple layers of clothing (i know that everything what is not directly visible probably is being culled by the Game Engine, but anyway....) as I don't like to bake everything into one mesh or even hide/hack off body parts for better fit-->breaks immersion)

As it stands now MakeHuman (default rig+some minor bone weight/ body smoothening adjustments) is the only Character Creation Tool, which allows for doing many advanced poses like the lotus pose, hugging knees sit, yoga......etc. with the character still deforming well+you can have multi layered clothing, because you only have to take the bone weights into consideration for making clothes without having to care about

fitting the clothes with morphing targets...

Making an own rig for every character is not a solution, because I need consistent rig quality (automatic calculation of bone lenghts/sizes/positions/orientations during character creation)+fast workflow, no matter what type of human character/body type I want to create in daz studio for exporting into blender/UE4.

Hence I'm suggesting that you make a rig with more bones for being able to manually adjust the deformation of the body while doing animations/poses for Unreal Engine.

The more bones we have, the less we depend on Dual Quaternion Skinning/Morphing Targets, because more+subdivided bones allow for better keeping of mesh volume with body bending!

Post edited by Macislav on