General Request for Footwear

Hey,

I have a general request for footwear.

Most footwear comes as a single object, for both feet.

Not many as for left and right separate props. I don't know if it's much more work to sepearte these, but it would be very usefull if more PAs would deploy a seperate item for the left and right feet.

E.g. for scenes where the chracters doesn't wear both shoes, lost on  or is putting them on.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

In the meantime, if you just need one shoe, just load up the shoes by themselves. use the geometry editor to delete the polygons of one shoe. Then export it out as a .OBJ. Then when you have a scene that has one shoe on and another on the floor you can use the geometry editor again to select the fitted shoes and hide the polys for one shoe and then import the saved OBJ, apply the same materials and then pose it where you need. Not hartd at all and only takes a few moments.

• In the meantime, load two copies of the footwear and hide one set of foot bones on each.

• In the meantime, load two copies of the footwear and hide one set of foot bones on each.

That's what I've had to do, but it really is a pain.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896

It’s funny, I find separate shoe props annoying as heck under most circumstances.

But then sometimes I want to just parent it and avoid autofit and then get annoyed it’s not separate props.

I’M COMPLICATED, ALL RIGHT?

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

In the meantime, if you just need one shoe, just load up the shoes by themselves. use the geometry editor to delete the polygons of one shoe. Then export it out as a .OBJ. Then when you have a scene that has one shoe on and another on the floor you can use the geometry editor again to select the fitted shoes and hide the polys for one shoe and then import the saved OBJ, apply the same materials and then pose it where you need. Not hartd at all and only takes a few moments.

yeah, it's easy and worked for me. thank you! Separate shoe props would be still better, but this solution seems something I can life with.

Sorry for the long response time, I was very busy the last days.

Oso3D said:

It’s funny, I find separate shoe props annoying as heck under most circumstances.

But then sometimes I want to just parent it and avoid autofit and then get annoyed it’s not separate props.

I’M COMPLICATED, ALL RIGHT?

Why do you don't like separate shoe props? It's just one additional click to add them to a character, but gives you more freedom in unsing the shoes.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I agree with the OP here!! But I'm glad there are work arounds. I'll have to give them a spin.